More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 26 by Almax Almax

.................

Looks like first up, it's another combat class!

{if CumTask == True}You make your way down to the classroom with Cameron, to find Professor Phoebe standing in the hallway outside of the door. Miranda and Lexi are already there (Miranda runs a tight ship) and Professor Phoebe greets the two of you warmly and equally.

"Why, good morning Debbie!" She beams. "I hope you're ready for some extra exciting combat training today."

"H-hello." Cameron waves. He looks Professor Phoebe in the eyes for a second, but then looks back to the ground because he is incapable of sticking to his guns.

"Yes." Professor Phoebe says, still looking directly at you.

You're not really paying much attention right now, since you're just staring at her crotch and thinking about how you might be able to take control over it. She's really tough.... maybe you still have time to call it off? No, definitely not! Talia said so. Still, from your experience in the first class with her you know that you can't just -- go right ahead and take it from her. So what can you do?

When Jace and Delilah arrive together a little bit later, and your admirable strategic thinkings are interrupted, Professor Phoebe takes you all to a big square gymnasium room a short walk off campus. There are ropes with hoops on them hanging from the ceiling, some trampolines set up at an angle against the walls, and a couple of balancing beams all around the place. The floors and bottom half of the walls here are all soft blue padding, and the space is really open. In one corner of the room, two students are practising unarmed strikes with gloves and pads against each other.

"Odd, I thought I'd booked the space." Professor Phoebe mutters, before shrugging nonchalantly and turning back to the rest of your class.

You look around the big room again. It's gonna be pretty hard to get her on her own in here, without the rest of the class seeing you.... oh, man, you didn't realise how this was gonna be so super hard when you made that deal with those girls. Still, you have to try! Even if it doesn't work, you have other classes and other teachers today, so you'll have other chances.

Your analysis is, again, interrupted by your target (no, your prey, that sounds cooler) when she hands you a wooden staff. Oh, all of your classmates have one now too.

"You can't get too comfortable with just your own weapons -- you need to keep your skills sharp, and be able to adapt." Professor Phoebe explains. As she does so, she starts spinning her own staff around her entire body in an impressive display of technical ability. It spins in front of her, glides over her back, spins above her head, and so on -- Gulp. "Anything can happen out there -- your weapons could be destroyed, or lost. You can't rely on much, but you can always rely on finding a long blunt object! Partner up with your roommate, and I'll run through some basic combat drills that you'll practice in turns."

So then, you're with Cameron -- Cameron!{if Cameron's Impression >50} He likes you, right?{if Cameron's Impression <65} Maybe.{endif}{endif} You might be able to get him to do you a favour, to help you out here, if you go about it the right way.

In any case, everybody partners up and starts squaring up as Professor Phoebe begins giving instructions of what to do to your class. She'll describe a set of moves, normally involving swinging your staff at the other person's staff, and then does the rounds checking out everybody's form. She tells you when to swap roles, and then carries on until it's time for a new set of moves.

You and Cameron take turns going at it with moderate intensity, him being sorta timid and you being very distracted and looking around for an opportunity. But you can't just do this all class! You've got to take an opportunity, or failing that, make an opportunity!

{else}You make your way down to the classroom with Cameron, to find Professor Phoebe standing in the hallway outside of the door. Miranda and Lexi are already there (Miranda runs a tight ship) and Professor Phoebe greets the two of you warmly and equally.

"Why, good morning Debbie!" She beams. "I hope you're ready for some extra exciting combat training today."

You nod enthusiastically. It's naturally your most common class, so it's a good thing that you're so into it! Being a Warrior's gonna rock.

"H-hello." Cameron waves. He looks Professor Phoebe in the eyes for a second, but then looks back to the ground because he is incapable of sticking to his guns.

"Yes." Professor Phoebe says, still looking directly at you as you start to jig excitedly. "So, Debbie, tell me about what you did in Equipment Maintenance class yesterday! Even better, what you did in Monster Theory -- Ben didn't, ah, mention my name, did he?"

You shake your head, but then pause -- you weren't really listening. He was talking about Giants, you know that, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he wasn't talking about Professor Phoebe as well, right? And you'd hate to tell her a lie....

"Maybe." You respond after much deliberation. Your teacher squeals in excitement, but quickly contains herself and minimises her outward expression to a polite little smile.

"Playing hardball, are you Debbie? Well, I might just have to find a way to get you to spill all the wonderful details then...."

You are confused. Cameron feels left out. You decide it might be best to nod, and solve both problems by joining in with Lexi and Miranda's little discussion that they're having. Actually, hey! Miranda stops talking and goes sheepish as you and Cameron move to join in, but she was just earlier! She was talking to Lexi about something, who was nodding along and smiling. That's progress. Woo!

When Jace and Delilah arrive together a little bit later, and Professor Phoebe stops fawning over you, she takes you all to a big square gymnasium room a short walk off campus. There are ropes with hoops on them hanging from the ceiling, some trampolines set up at an angle against the walls, and a couple of balancing beams all around the place. The floors and bottom half of the walls here are all soft blue padding, and the space is really open.

"You've got your first free period of the year up next, class." Professor Phoebe explains, walking over to a supply closet near the entrance and taking out an armful of wooden staffs. "So I don't have to feel too bad about making you work extra hard to begin with!"

She hands a staff to each of your classmates, giving you your own one last and with a kind little smile that lingers on you for a second.

"You can't get too comfortable with just your own weapons -- you need to keep your skills sharp, and be able to adapt." Professor Phoebe explains. As she does so, she starts spinning her own staff around her entire body in an impressive display of technical ability. It spins in front of her, glides over her back, spins above her head, and so on -- you have got to learn how to do that! "Anything can happen out there -- your weapons could be destroyed, or lost. You can't rely on much, but you can always rely on finding a long blunt object! Partner up with your roommate, and I'll run through some basic combat drills that you'll practice in turns."

Okay, nice, you're with Cam. He's probably the strongest in your class, but you feel like he'll still hit you less hard than Delilah would if she was your partner. He seems like a hold-back kind of dude. And that's his mistake, because you're totally gonna smash him in these drills!

Everybody's partnered up and squared up as Professor Phoebe begins giving your class instructions of what to do. She'll describe a set of moves, normally involving swinging your staff at the other person's staff, and then does the rounds checking out everybody's form. She spends a lot of time on Miranda. After she's happy, she gets the partners to swap roles, and then carries on until it's time for a new set of moves.

Time to get your game face on! Time to excel!

{endif}

What's the move?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)