More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CorruptedHorde CorruptedHorde

Who do you see in the mirror?

Kyle Adams, agent of the DSD.

The events that went down over 2 decades ago have had a major impact on your family. It was because of this that your mother and father got to meet each other in the first place.

Your dad, (then) Captain Eugene Adams was one of the men who bore the responsibility of managing security around and outside the quarantine zone. Now at the age of 50, Brigadier General Eugene Adams continues his already breathtaking legacy. As a former commander of an infantry company in the Marine Corps, he is proud to this day to say that nobody under his command was a casualty during Operation Heaven's Gate. Although the infected couldn't fly too high, a considerable number managed to make it over the walls, attempting to escape and spread the disease. Your father tells you time and again how effective the strategy was for a while when it came to holding the line. Out in open fields, convoys of LAV-ADs with Vulcan gun armaments and Humvees mounted with prototype mini smart rocket launchers would detect and shred demons out of the sky. Rifle teams would guard these vehicles and perform mop up if necessary.

Many of his buddies and comrades weren't so lucky. Over seventy percent of the troops deployed during the emergency were ordered into the city to participate in various missions. Almost all of the troops sent in were eventually lost to either infection, claws, friendly fire, and if they endured through all that the eventual nuke would have obliterated them.

Your mother Melissa Adams was a girl fresh out of med school when the outbreak happened. She refuses to talk about her entire story. Through a little bit of pushing here and there over the years all you know is that her mother, father, sister, and countless friends were lost to the monsters. Due to the actions of a nameless hero she managed to sneak out of the quarantine zone. She eventually ran into your dad. Melissa has aged extremely well, looking a decade younger than her actual age of 45 and having no wrinkles. As a doctor, she seeks to heal.

From a very tender age you hated monsters. You dreamed of being something akin to a monster slayer as a teenager. As you got older, the chances of it becoming a reality became apparent as you studied and trained hard to get an opportunity to work in the DSD. Now at the age of 22 you're a fresh agent with just over a year of experience. Your selflessness and charisma has made you fairly popular. One of your goals is to actually take out a demon alone. Only a single operative around your age has been able to pull off such a feat, and that is none other than Jody Kai. You claim to not have a huge crush on her whatsoever, yet your top fantasy is rescuing her from a horde of demons. Funnily enough the two of you have never been assigned together.

"I must protect the people," you say to the mirror as you gaze into your own hazel eyes. "There can never be another large outbreak ever again."

Your light brown hair is well styled and you are clean shaved. A quick check of your black suit and tie passes inspection. After putting on your shoes, you're ready for the day.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)