More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Zingiber Zingiber

Does everyone agree with her or there'll be someone to object?

Kurt objects and Chloe pleads

Heather said, "Ideally we could've split into three persons per room, but Ashley and Brandon are a couple, so I think they should get one of the bigger rooms to themselves, don’t you guys think?"

Kurt shrugged. "I think we should put all the guys in the big bedroom. That way the girls have more room and they don't have to share a bathroom with us."

Zack shook his head. "Eight women and one bathroom? C'mon, Kurt. Is that a scheme to get them to owe us favors for using the little boys' room? No, we should have you, me, and Gavin sleep out here on the couches. Brandon and Ashley get the lake room, and the rest of the girls divide up the other three bedrooms two, two, and three in the master bedroom."

Heather laughed. "I'd like to see you try to actually get sleep on the couches," she said. "Maybe in the winter, but in summertime the living room gets hot at night and it's hard to sleep. "You'll do better in the bedrooms. There are cots and sleeping bags in the downstairs storage, so you won't be sleeping on the floor. Not the FLOOR floor anyway. C'mon, Ash and Bran in one of the big rooms. Let's figure out the rest."

Lisa put her hands on her hips and said, "If Brandon and Ashley get a room of their own, that's ten of us in three rooms, so one gets four people. That doesn't seem fair. And what if someone else, um, another couple, wants private time? Do only Brandon and Ashley get it?"

Hannah spoke up. "We can do like we do in college. Borrow a room. Tie a sock on the doorknob. Keep it to an hour. Works in a pinch."

"I like the way you're thinking," Kurt said.

Heather shook her head. "I hate to say I agree with Kurt, but Hannah's idea is good. We'll make things work. Can everyone agree to make some space if somebody needs some private time together?"

There were some uncertain looks and foot shuffling from the others. Chloe was looking at her feet.

"Aw, c'mon, I'll make space in my room as long as I get some when I need it," Heather said. "Help me out. Hannah, Taylor?"

"Right on," Taylor said. "Hanners?"

"Sure, sugarbees," Hannah said.

Kurt suppressed a snort at the older girls' pet names.

Chloe looked up. "I just want to be with my friends. Tonight anyway," she said. She looked down again. "We can move if it doesn't work out."

Heather said. "So if it's Brandon and Ashley, me with Taylor and Hannah, Chloe with Zack and Gavin, that leaves...?"

Madison said, "Me, Kurt, Victoria, and Lisa in one room. Hey Bran, if I promise to give you and Ash some space, can I crash with you?"

Victoria looked hopefully in Ashley's direction. "How about me?" she asked her best friend.

"Yeah, okay," Ashley said.

Brandon shook his head and laughed. "Aw, c'mon, join the party," he said to Madison and Victoria. "We get the master, then."

Kurt and Lisa shrugged at each other and nodded. Odd ones out, who didn't know each other.

"C'mon, then," Heather said. "Help me get the cots and stuff out before we spread anything around. Follow me, thisaway!" She beckoned to the rest of them. Madison, Victoria, and Lisa ducked out and Gavin was already absorbed in his mobile device, but the rest of them trooped out after Heather to get the extra sleeping spaces ready. While they moved the sleeping gear around, Ashley seemed to take every opportunity to bend and stretch and show off in front of Brandon, heedless of the others' presence.

Master bedroom: Brandon, Ashley with Ashley's BFF Victoria and Brandon's sister Madison.
Lake bedroom: Heather, Taylor, and Hannah.
Small bedroom 1: Gavin, Zack, and Chloe.
Small bedroom 2: Lisa and Kurt

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)