More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Lilyflier Lilyflier

Who are you?

Kent, 18M, Straight, [Wholesome, Equal, Revolutionary]

You scroll through the list of filters to get an idea of what extents you could go to in customizing your ideal partner. It began with simple things like what sex(es) and gender(s) you wanted to include, then continued with other more specific physical characteristics. Then it proceeded to cover the personality you were aiming for.

It captured your interest enough to convince you to fill out the filter list a little bit, just to see how many results there were and how badly it failed to find a good partner.

You set sex and gender to female, and the age from between 18 to 28. Even if she was up to 10 years older, if her personality was a better match than the younger options then you figured it might be worth giving it a shot. The number of results rested at 1 billion, which more than sparked your curiosity on how they actually got the massive amount of information necessary to make such an app. You figured they must have been lying about the result number, but you continued playing along anyway. After all even if it was fake it was still making you horny imagining the girl that fit this criteria.

You left most of the other physical characteristics alone for now, though you did check the "virgin" box, preferring to explore that for the first time alongside her and also figuring you could always uncheck it later. The results fell to 250 million.

The personality section of the test gave you tons of customizability over a variety of things ranging from academic interests to "shyness".

You added philosophy, psychology and sociology to the list of things she was interested in, which reduced the number of people to 2.5 million. You tried to wrap your mind around that number, it seemed both extremely large and extremely small, all things considered.

You briefly paused when looking at the political section, tempted to enter in your specific beliefs. But in the end you figured it wouldn't hurt going through those in person as long as she was open minded and communicative, so you entered in those details instead. The open minded portion was customized via a bar with two sliders used to select the size and location of the window for how closeminded and how open-minded she could be. The closeminded (according to the paragraph below the slider explaining exactly what it supposedly did) represented complete confidence regardless of any evidence against one's position. The open minded represented being completely unsure of one's beliefs despite any evidence for their position. You squished the window down near the "open minded" end but left it a little large so as to be able to use other filters without losing everybody. 250,000 results.

You checked the "is single" option. Definitely an important filter. The results lowered down to 125,000.

You checked the "speaks at least one language that I do" button, specifying that by "speak" a person has to be able to do a good bit more than count to ten in the language. 30,000 results.

You couldn't help but think how amazing it was...the extents to which these app developers had gone to make it seem like it was the real deal.

Your desire to check out the results thus far won over at this point. Even if it would prove the invalidity of the app and thus disillusion you from the dream it had handed you, you couldn't wait any longer and decided to face the probable disappointment earlier rather than later.

Taking a deep breath, you clicked the "show results" button and waited.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)