More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Jnightshade Jnightshade

Who do you see in the mirror?

Kelly Hampton, agent DSD

You look into the mirror and see a lanky blonde. You smile. You have always had the physique and popularity of a cheerleader. You never expected to work for the government, let alone the DSD. It never ceases to surprise you how good at your job you are. Good enough to be be getting a heroism award, and share the spotlight with your rival Jody Kai.

They say you tell a lot about a person by who their rivals are. Jody Kai is a decent, but undistinguished shooter, as are you. She is a quiet, petite, woman who looks rather innocuous. If you make the mistake of judging her by her looks, you'll be dead in seconds.

In unarmed combat she is second to none. They even say she is developing her own marshal art, specifically for fighting demons unarmed. In short, in weaponless combat, she'd kick your ass.

Of course you are never unarmed. You slip two blessed throwing knives in two tiny scabbards on either shoulder, two more go on each hip. Finally, you slide a short sword down a scabbard on the center of your back. You aren't usually this lightly armed, but this is a DSD event.

You finger the knife on your hip. Blades, they've always been your guilty pleasure. At six you picked up your first throwing knife. By seven you could have joined the circus. That was when you got into kenjutsu. In college a foray into fencing landed you an Olympic silver medal.

That was when the DSD came knocking. It came as a surprise. You considered your guilty pleasure to be archaic. Really, even you aren't a big enough fool to bring a knife to a gun fight. Demons, however, rarely use guns. They like closed in areas, and punching little bullet sized holes in them isn't always so effective. Separating their heads from the rest of their bodies usually is.

You slide on your little black dress and head to the limo. As you step outside your phone rings.

Who is calling, and why?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)