More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Iam_DickMan Iam_DickMan

Who do we follow?

Jason

"I don't really need one," Jason tells the salesman, "but I want one."

A sleek futuristic storefront is lined wall to wall with a long line of robot assistants, all programmed to do whatever you tell them. Many are eerily lifelike, not having quite crossed the uncanny valley. The most life-like ones look like 3d models of anime girl vtubers with their large eyes and exaggerated features, and although some look human, others are considerably more robotic. The salesman nods in agreement and turns around to show him what's available.

"Well, you won't find a more amazing personal assistant than the Vera, it can cook and clean, give you a message after a workout, or play games. It has a complex learning algorithm that will modify its behavior to your personal tastes. You'll never be bored with this machine—it can even read bedtime stories if you want! And there's a ton of options for voice, so it speaks however you want it to!"

"What does it cost?" Jason asks.

"Oh, we're running a special on the Vera today. Normally it costs $5,000 but you can get her for just $2,500!"

"That's not bad at all." Jason says, and pulls out his credit card. He feels uneasy about spending so much money on something that doesn't actually need to eat and sleep, but he decides that the benefits outweigh the costs, although he wonders why they would discount such an amazing advancement in human machine technology. After filling out some paperwork and giving the salesman his contact and delivery information, he walks away from the store with a smile on his face.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)