More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CrawlingM CrawlingM

Who wakes up where and when?

James, the Engineer, dawn of the apocalypse

You're James, a mid-twenties junior engineer working at some industrial corporation's main office, drawing CAD-models of various contraptions that they're producing.

You're living in a medium sized city in one of the bigger economic powerhouses of Europe, so there's a hustle to your daily commute and you have relatively ease of access to most of the services you could care to have access to. You have an expensive apartment that you're working full time to pay for, some initial financial support from your parents helped you get the place to begin with, but now you're pretty much set to be an indentured servant for the next ten years before the mortgage slides down to a more manageable cost through down payments and inflation.

You're currently single, your previous girlfriend of three years broke up with you six months ago. the first months after that sucked big time, but you're slowly getting back into the online dating game. Besides, not having a partner to share the costs of living with is financially putting you on a diet of instant ramen noodles. This is also motivating you to actually put some time and effort into it. After all, two people sharing the load is better than one, and if you could eventually get a spouse and a family out of it, why not?


However, as the universe would have it, not everything goes to plan. This is a big day in the history of mankind, and even bigger for the people living in your city, who are about to be one of the first victims of a massive outbreak of viral magic.

What are the first concerning tremors of foreboding?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)