More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by GenericEditor168 GenericEditor168

Which Character Are You? (Name, Race, Level, and Class In Chapter Title: All Else In Chapter Body...)

Irhtos Kothar, Lizardfolk, Warlock 5.

-File of Her Majesty’s Agents-

Name: Irhtos Kothar

Appearance: 6’ 0”, Dark green scales, red crest. Multiple tattoos, likely with mystical significance.

Family: None known.

History: Early history unknown. Kothar appeared in the south-west of the kingdom eight years ago, claiming to have been trained as a tribal shaman by the Lizardfolk tribes. He showed a talent for magic (though not the sort of healing/augmenting/nature magic expected of a shaman) and joined the Adventurer’s Guild.

Following an adventure into Grim Hollow, he was reported as a demonic warlock by one of his party members, the dwarven fighter Mordar Lowtower. While Lowtower claims to have reported him as soon as he found out, our sources suggest that he knew about it for several weeks beforehand, and had at least two opportunities to report it to priests. Of more interest is how he managed to appear True Neutral on all Detect spells cast, despite being a warlock.

Once cornered by a including the rest of his party, two priests and an inquisitor, he did not resist, even though he had at least one spell capable of shifting him into an escapable form, and another capable of blocking off approach. He was found guilty of demonology, and sentenced to , but was pardoned by Her Majesty, and granted the rank of Count, on the promise that he attempted to find the Fruit of Immortality.

-File ends-

________________________________________

You look up towards your new home from the village square. It's a goblin-infested mouldering heap of stone, but it shouldn't be too hard to make it into something more impressive. A mage's tower, reinforced walls (both outside and in)...

The bit in your role about "Enforcing the Queen's Peace within the boundaries of the County of Ambuscade" is rather more of a problem, though, much as you’d like to do it. Your men-at-arms are both few in number and totally untrustworthy.

Maybe you should have just given that stupid dwarf the sword he wanted. Then again, it was an unholy relic of your patron fiend, Mephistopheles, and he was just going to use it like a generic magic sword. So no, he couldn’t have it. But, though you didn’t realise it at the time, he’d found your summoned book of spells. He couldn’t read anything in it, of course, it was written in Draconic, but the whole “binding of human skin” part gave it away.

And when you were next in town, he told the local priest. From there, it was all downhill. Luckily, you got a pardon from the Queen. Unluckily, the pardon came with a suicide mission attached. And, much as you’d like to walk away, you swore you’d do it. Even the part about “not using magic that might harm Her Majesty’s Subjects, nor using them in rituals”, which basically rules out any large-scale use of your powers.

Oh well, no sense waiting around the village to die. You start towards the keep, some of your more loyal men-at-arms following you.


Author's note: Game system.

There are two main variable types here:

Notation variables (Lizardfolk, Male, and the like): Just a reminder of who you are.

Play variables (HP and Spell Slots): Affect choices you can make. HP is a measure of how much HP you have left (lose too much, you die), Spell Slots is how many spells you can cast. Spells are ascribed a level, and any Spell Slot of that level or higher can be used to cast that spell. Spell Slots are expended on use and regenerated on rest.

Does anything happen on the way? Or do you reach it unharmed?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)