More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 5 by TMJ2008 TMJ2008

What is the situation? What's happening in the citadel?

Invaders! A party of heroes attacks!

"Heroes. I can sense them. A group of four. Again. How many times is it in this month alone now?", the overlord states, the last part a question aimed at Uldar.

"This will be the fourth party to attack the citadel itself, master.", Uldar replies, his head still bowed for fear of arousing the dark lord's anger again.

"Hmm. They are becoming more bold, are they not? I suppose I should go and await them in the throne room once again.", the overlord says and then looks to you, seeming to consider something for a moment before speaking again, "You, my minion, shall go up and impede the progress of the heroes. I do not expect you to defeat them or even harm them much yet. You are still raw, barely made. But you have more power than your lesser brethren. You should be able to be of some use in the battle effort."

You do not hesitate in bowing your head to your master, listening to his orders intently. You inwardly bristle at the idea that you are not strong enough to take on heroes that would threaten your master's reign, but you do not show this outwardly as you instead show your intent to follow his command by gripping your club tight and bringing it to your chest with a thump. You will go and meet the heroes as your master commands without delay.

"Good. Now...go.", he says as he waves a hand at you and, again, you feel the tingle of magic all around you. This time, however, nothing appears, but rather you disappear. One moment, you are still standing in the dank room where the spawning pool rests and, the next, you are standing in a stone hallway lit by torches on the walls and filled with your master's servants charging forward around you.

They pay you little mind as they charge forward, the creatures ranging from goblins to twisted animal-creatures to armored figures that were probably once untainted humans or elves and were now twisted servants to your lord. What they are charging towards is clear as you see a group of four people fighting their way through the hallway. The party of heroes, you presume.

There is a tall human male with long black hair and shining silver armor brandishing a large sword, currently cleaving a goblin in half and then driving his booted heel into the skull of a fallen zombie. Behind him is a slender and willowy elf male armed with a bow and dressed in leathers sending arrow after arrow into the skulls and hearts of his enemies. Behind him, being guarded by the two warriors, is a fair and blond-haired elf woman in the garb of a priestess. She holds only an oaken staff and her clothing consists of little more than airy white robes that billow about her slender form as she gathers light magic into her hands and uses it to burn away the undead and tainted around her. Lastly, in the rear, there is a diminutive figure dressed in dark leathers and a hooded robe. Even shorter than you, if only by half a foot, she is obviously a gnome with short red hair and rounded cherubic features to her face, a face which is stained with blood as she cuts into the flesh of her enemies with her twin daggers to cripple and wound from behind and below. Her leathers hug her form which are somewhat plump, though that plumpness seems to reside mostly in hips and bosom making her (relatively) curvy.

The party of heroes is quickly approaching, giving you only a scarce few moments to decide your plan of action.

What do you do to follow your master's orders and hinder the party of heroes?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)