More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Mr Nice Guy Mr Nice Guy

Preserve identity? Or create a new one?

Interrupted

“Sister,” a booming male voice sounded before I could answer, “are you playing with the mortals again?”

“It is none of your concern,” the beautiful voice sang, although it held a hint of bitterness in its tone.

“If we are to have a repeat of last time,” the male voice stated, “then it is of great concern to me and all of my brothers. Unfettered power given to once such as this is far too dangerous. If you would but remember…”

“An aberration,” the woman’s voice cut off that of her brother. Gone was all hint of sweetness. In its place was a tone of seething hatred, “This one is different. He will…”

“He will be the end of us all,” the brother’s voice stated with finality.

“Excuse me,” I said, my voice feeing very small, “don’t I get a say in this? I don’t think that I’m a danger to anyone.”

There was a pause. Suddenly the darkness felt very cold. While I drill was nothing more than a disembodied spirit, it felt as if every part of my body had been plunged in ice water. Then, as quickly as it had begun, it was finished.

“I see…” the man’s voice said, pensive, “this could be helpful, but if it were discovered too soon…”

“That will not happen, brother,” the woman’s voice was once again warm and sweet, “and when all is revealed…”

“…all will be fulfilled,” they said together.

“What does that mean?” I ventured the question.

“Enough of your drivel, mortal,” the man’s voice said impatiently, “My sister means to have her fun, and I deem it acceptable. Go.”

The darkness grew bright. There was a sense of movement, of pressure, and then suddenly I was somewhere else.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)