More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Stalagg Stalagg

What form do you will into existence for yourself?

Imp

Pain. The first sensation you could understand was pure uninhibited pain. To a mass of blood and dark power even you understood this pain was as far from natural as it could be. It begged the question 'why?'. Why were you brought into this world to experience such pain? What tore you from the abyss of nothing to this state of being?

The essence that surrounded you, that made you what you were, it challenged you. It spoke that power was needed to escape the pain. Where some would have frothed and roared at the challenge you whimpered. Where others would have fought tooth and nail to control the pain you only wanted it to end.

Instead of expanding outward, the mass of evil you were condensed! It turned into itself as oppose to seeking greater size.

Your body curled around itself, arms holding legs tightly to your chest. Horns grew from your head, a whip-like tail brought up from in between your legs. Your eyes were screwed shut as your new body was subjected to the same pain your spirit was not moments ago. Clawed hands and feet clenched tightly as your body floated to the surface once it was light enough.

Once you felt the membrane keeping you imprisoned in this torment against your body that was when you began to fight. Though new to this world and only knowing agony you would not be content to endure it any longer. The barrier wouldn't have proven a challenge for a greater being but for you it required every ounce of strength you could muster to defeat. Your efforts to be free did not go unrewarded as where your claws swiped shreds of the barrier were torn loose. Though blinded you could feel the progress and that only served to inspire your efforts, renewing your struggle to be free. Finally the barrier could not contain you any longer and kicking your legs against the black ichor you were propelled upwards.

Bursting from the spawning pool, you breathed the free air for the first time gladly, gasping for breath from the nightmarish experience. Stretching from your back was a pair of bat-like wings, still dripping with gore and translucent. You pulled yourself to the pool's edge grasping the dark metal and scrambling to pull yourself free.

You were an Imp! A Demon thought only a folktale. Your skin was a dark purple, near black from its sheen. Though you couldn't see them your eyes burned an angry red, gifting you with a piercing gaze which almost seemed silly given your stature. Standing a proud and formidable twelve inches tall you were an imposing and threatening figure to anything smaller than a newborn kitten.

As you stood on shaky legs you wiped yourself clean of the foul juices still covering you, deciding never to return to that wretched pool ever again. Your cleaning was short lived as you felt several gazes upon you. Imps, being a sneaky sort always knew when they were being watched and newly born as you are you were still an Imp. Looking up in front of you, you were greeted by the sight of your watchers who had seen your 'birth' in its entirety.

Who was watching you?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)