More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Stalagg Stalagg

Who was watching you?

A figure in cloak and The Master!

The first being you saw was someone or something hooded in cloak...or cloths, somewhat hard to tell. Seemed awfully flamable though, your mischievous side noted. Imp as you were, you naturally wanted to cause chaos and lighting someone's robes on fire sounded hilarious to you. A couple of sparks and the dry material would do all the work for you. The thing's size though stayed your hand as it was much much bigger than you were and you were right in its sights. Least you think you were anyway, you couldn't see its face but you assumed its eyes were on the front side of its body. You would much rather antagonize someone who wasn't aware of you.

More importantly, though, was the one who stood next to this covered being. Where the cloaked one was certainly larger than you were, He stood above all. A Goliath to you the Pygmy, a mountain of Black Steel and Unholy Magic, He was the absolute measure of strength and power in this world. He was a God, your God! For He was your Creator, your most beloved Master whom you owed your very existence to.

The Dark Lord created you, He who was all knowing and all powerful made you! In his image! How natural it was to adore him and seek his approval. His burning gaze narrowed within the darkness of his helmet and held his sight firmly upon you.

"...Is this a joke?"

You heard your Master question which confused you momentarily. Said confusion was replaced with fear as your Master's immense boot slammed onto the ground as he approached you. Three great steps was all it took to cross the distance. Though you knew you had nothing to fear you were still an Imp, naturally jumpy at loud noises. So startled you were you did not notice his massive gauntlet reaching for you until it closed around you. Giving a pained squeak were you lifted from the ground and held up closer to your Master for inspection.

"Is this a JOKE!?"

You heard his angered roar for the first time. The of his voice blew your large ears back from his breath which smelled of brimstone and iron. Whipping around he shoved the hand which held you in the direction of the hooded figure who reeled back from your Master's ire.

"N-Now my Lord, s-surely there is some ex-explanation for why the Pool produced this creature."

Creature? Did Uldar not understand you were so much more than that? You knew his name! The Master's knowledge must have flown into you some how. Whatever the reason it gave context to your surroundings and for that you were grateful.

"I gave unto the Pool my power, my will, and my knowledge to create the perfect servant. And instead it has chosen this, pathetic form!!"

Reeling back did he throw you towards the floor. P-Pathetic? You? But...But how could that be!? You were made in his image! Made from his very being, he said so himself!

"I gave it the choice to take its form and it chooses one of cowardice and weakness! An Imp! An Imp is to be my creation!? MY SERVANT!? I think not!"

You hit the floor with a bang, pain flaring up around your body as you held yourself again. A pained grunt sounded from your throat but the pain your body endured was nothing compared to what your heart was experiencing...well if you had a heart that is. Demons didn't have organs in the traditional sense but whatever it was it was hurting. The Master was not responsible for your form as you had thought, you were. You were the reason why you were so weak and cowardly, why he was so displeased with you. He had given you his power and you squandered it, oh what a horrible creation you were. How could you have betrayed him so!? He who gave to you what none had received before you!

"I reject you. You shall not be my Right Hand. You are nothing to me."

The Master's words were cold and direct. You weren't even worth being angry with a anymore. If you had tear ducts you'd surely be weeping now from how you had failed him so. Scurrying to your feet did you throw yourself to his boots, clasping your hands together in a pleading fashion.

"Master! Please forgive me!"

Your voice was high pitched as you begged. You couldn't even create an intimidating voice for yourself to add to your failures. That only served to annoy him further and you watched as his large Black Steel boot was raised up again.

"There is no forgiveness for a failed creation."

As he raised his boot over you did you cover your head with your hands reflexively. Not that it would do anything to save you. This was to be your fate then. Having failed him before even leaving the Spawning Pool you were to simply be squashed, stepped on and forgotten by The Dark Lord. A fate worthy of one who had wronged him to the extent you had. ...So be it then, maybe your could ease the frustration you had caused him. For what was a lowly thing such as an Imp to The Master himself?

Will you need to be scraped off the bottom of his boot?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)