More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Viredae Viredae

Where does Erica Go on this field trip?

History camp

It was really a choice of the lesser of evils.

It was near the end of the school year, and what a year it had been. I had thought going away to college would be a new start on life. Independence, choices. I was wrong. I brought a lot of baggage with me, I should have known.

Classes had gone okay, in fact college wasn't hard at all, it was all the "extra-curricular" activities my friends decided to involve me in that had me so drained all the time.

I still had one thing I had to do. An onsite review. As I was looking at the choices NOTHING appealed to me. I had stated my major but really it was just something I filled out on my application form. Psychology. You could change or go anywhere with that. There was a long list of places I could go for my onsite review, it was really just a glorified extended field trip that was funded by the college as part of the "real life" initiative they talked about.

It was a long list, but none of them looked the least bit interesting, and I knew, dragged out as I was, that it had to be something I CARED about for me to spend the last couple of days before spring break on.

Alicia came in to the lobby while I was standing at the list. I must have been there a good 10 minutes. She looked over my shoulder

"Can't find any for nudist colony" She joked.

I ignored her but my face reddened. She didn't mind rubbing in all the little games her and my friends had been have a laugh at my expense playing. I needed a break from all of this before heading home. Even home might not be much of a break if Alicia and Carrie and the gang were around, it just meant my embarrassment would be in familiar territory, I cringed at the thought of going home seeing old friends and teachers with the threat of "games" over my head. I was supposed to be becoming an adult but it did not seem to be working out that way so far.

Then I spied it.

Living History Pagan Traditions - None of my friends would care a bit about history, to them it was boring as boring could be, so no worries that any of them would sign up and be around to torment me, I liked history and I knew that what we call pagans or savages were really underappreciated native religious and social practices of Europe. That would work to. I could tie that into a Psyche major if I had to.

Better still rather than being only a couple of days it was a full week. A whole week on my own, living history, no one to bother me or embarrass me would be bliss. Just the thought of not having to look over my shoulder or worry about the next time someone is going to take advantage of me and strip me gave me a sign of relief.

I signed up.

Does Erica get to the trip's day okay?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)