More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by tyranus tyranus

Who are you, and in what situation does the prompt appear?

Hiiro Tanaka, Unique Isekai Magic

Last thing I remember I was crossing the street and then a pair of bright lights...

I rub my head as a phantom pain strikes me there. Suddenly I'm starting to hear and see things around me.

"The summoning was a success! We've called the hero!" I hear a girlish voice yell.

My eyes regain focus. I'm in a... basement? I suppose a dungeon would be more apt of a description. There are soldiers in full plate armor around the edges of the room, and in front of me a woman with golden hair and eyes stands in a blue dress.

I notice that the floor around me is slowly dimming from a brilliant silver color. Slowly the light fades from the edges towards the center, where I am. I notice that it seems to be fading into me, rather than just disappearing. How interesting.

"Hero! You've heeded our call! We need someone to defeat the demon lord who threatens all of humanity! For today, you should rest, as the summoning ritual is hard on the body. Tomorrow, I'll inform you of more things!" The woman in front of me says again.

Once the light finishes fading, the woman gives a soldier a nod, and they escort me to a small room.

By the time I finish walking there, which was only a short distance, I'm exhausted, and easily fall asleep.


When I wake up, I'm again escorted quickly to a new room, full of food and drink. I quickly devour and drink my fill, as if I hadn't eaten in some time...

When I finish, I'm escorted again to another room. This one has large windows filled with natural light. I notice a distinct lack of furniture in the room, and various minor damages to the floor and walls.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact details of where I came from, or where I am. I feel like I was on a place called... Earth? That feels like it was a long ways in the past now though. I'm certain my name is Hiiro Tanaka... or is it Hero? I thought I was certain...

Soon, the woman from yesterday enters.

"Hero! At last you're awake! When you slumbered for three days, I began to worry." The woman says, fidgeting...

"Ah.... That explains the ravenous hunger I felt earlier..." I let out as a sigh, still feeling all that food within my belly.

"Anyway, I should introduce myself. I'm the first princess of the Kingdom of Aetheria, Ophelia Aetheria. I have summoned you to help us fight the demon lord who threatens the world!" She says proudly.

"How exactly would you have me fight the demon lord? I'm just a regular person." I quip.

"Yes, most heroes seem to think that when they're first summoned. No, I'm certain you're a hero. You're magic feels so different than ours. We harness the elements for magic, but heroes, heroes are special. You'll find out once I teach you how to call on your magic." She says, seemingly proud of herself for some reason.

"Fine. I might, just might, give it a try if my power seems useful." I conceed.

"Alright, focus on your inward self. You should start to feel something welling up, some form of inward strength. Grasp it, and when you do, you should feel your magic manifest itself." She says.

I decide to give it a go. I try, and struggle, for the better part of an hour.

"Maybe we should try something else, perhaps we should have you practice meditation first..." Ophelia says, seemingly dejected.

"Jeez! It's not like I've ever done this before! What did you expect!" I shout, feeling my anger rising, with that, a tinge of power seems to well up.

I grab at that power, and continue shouting, "I didn't ask to be summoned, and I barely remember who I am! Yet you seem to think I'm some kind of hero! Hah!"

Her face shows a bit of shock, and I notice time begin to slow down... slower... slower... then stop.

I notice a prompt floating in front of me, a description of Ophelia...

yellow eyes, blonde hair, princess, tiara, in castle, blue dress, standing, small breasts, wavy hair, short hair, one hand on hips, (surprised:1.1), magic staff

I feel like I can change something, and like there are other versions of me out there, also attempting changes, like we're all synced up. How odd.

What word or phrase is changed?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)