More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by KinkyCreations KinkyCreations

What kind of world are you reincarnated into?

High Fantasy World at War

"This is going to sound a little stupid," Cory started his request, "but is there any sort of world that needs saving from a demon king or army or something?"

Again, he couldn't see it, but he felt like the figure smiled and chuckled slightly.

"I see. You're one of those types. One who truly has desires for greatness and to do good for others." The response was warm and open. "I think I have the perfect place for you."

The glow behind her began to shine brighter and brighter until Cory's vision was gone.

"Hey! Hey! HEEEEY!"

Cory shot up to a voice screaming in his ear.

"I'm up, mom! I'm up!" He instinctually responded.

"Mom? Pffft!" The female voice laughed, "You hear that, Stalia?! He called me his mom!" The voice continued to laugh as Cory's vision finally cleared.

"Where am I?" Cory mumbled.

"Somewhere on the road between Kaylen and Thelasia." Came the same voice. Cory looked over to see a red headed woman leaning over him. "Which is honestly not the smartest of places to fall asleep, considering reports of monsters in the area."

He took in his surroundings, trying to make sense of it all for a minute. He was definitely on a dirt road somewhere. There were forests maybe a mile off in one direction, leading to some mountains. Plains and hills as far as the eye could see in the other.

"Hello, there. Come back to me." Came the red head's voice. "Are you sure he's not injured?"

"My healing magic had no effect on the man." Came a soft, calm voice. "If he had been injured, even slightly, there would have been some sort of reaction."

Cory looked over to see a second woman, extremely voluptuous, with long flowing silver hair reaching down past her butt. She was dressed in white robes, embroidered with blue and gold accents. She was leaning against a staff, and have a gentle smile as Cory glanced her way.

"Good morning there. I do hope you slept well." Her soft voice came again.

"Obviously he slept well. He's still alive." The red head joked back.

"Come on! We don't have all day, girls!" Came a third voice. "If he's fine, he's fine."

The third woman wore a white gambeson with maroon accents. Dark brown hair sat in a tight braid that was twisted up and affixed to the back of her head. There was a long sword at her side, and she seemed to be frustrated by the hold up.

"Oh come, Stalia, aren't you even the least bit interested?" The red head asked.

Cory looked her up and down as well. Studded leather armor that was very well fit, a short sword at her side, and several knifes sheathed around her body.

"Fine, Runa." Stalia gave in slightly, then turned her Quentin to Cory. "You, there. What's your name, what country do you hail from and how did you get here? Speak quickly. We have urgent matters to attend to."

"I'm... Cory... From America, and..." he tried to remember exactly how he got here. The last thing he remembered was working on his truck.

"Nnnngh!" His head shot with pain for a second. There was a flash of white light in his mind, and a female figure. He couldn't make a face, but her lips mouthed the words 'Good luck.'

"I'm... Not sure." Cory finally responded. He reached up to try and rub the ache out his skull.

As he did Stalia's eyes immediately shot to his right hand.

"Where did you get that ring?"

"I don't wear a..." Cory stopped and looked at his hand. "That's weird." On his right fore finger was a silver ring, intricately carved leading up to a green gem stone set in the center of an eye.

"Oh hey, it's the Eye of Mira." Runa chimed in.

"Who?" Cory asked.

"Celestia Mira." She continued. "One of the three worshipped gods of Vergathia."

Stalia leaned in on Cory, looking him over, confused by his appearance and odd foreign clothes. She then grabbed him by his shirt and effortlessly lifted him to his feet.

"Cory of America, I need you to come with us to Kaylen."

Do you go with them?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)