More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by atapoti atapoti

What do you decide to do?

Hide in the hay

You spot the hay on which you had fallen asleep. With a quick dash, you make your way behind the stack of hay. You dig into the pile, trying your best to conceal yourself within the stack itself.

You hear a cackle outside the barn, causing you to freeze. You can barely see the barn entrance past the hay. As you peer forward, your teeth chattering in fear, you see an orc walk into the barn.

"Where are you, lass?" You hear the orc call out to you. It's the same orc that had spotted you earlier. Your heart is beating quickly. You pray that the orc does not hear it as it loudly echoes in your chest. "I know I saw ya' come in here," the orc continues to taunt you.

The orc stomps around the silent barn, looking about for you. "Where is she?" the orc talks to himself. "You can't hide forever, human woman! You'll come stumbling out once we light this place on fire!" the orc warns you. After stomping around awhile longer, the large orc gives a disgruntled groan and marches out of the barn.

You give a huge sigh of relief. You breathe hard, feeling as if you hadn't for a long time. But there is not time to relax. You have to escape the village. You're just not sure how to do it, not with all the orcs and goblins raiding the small town.

You wonder what you should do now. You're not sure how well the orc's threat stands. There is no doubt that the barn will soon be covered in flames, the question is when. The orc might have simply threatened you to get you to reveal yourself in haste, but at the same time, the orcs might be setting the barn ablaze this very moment.

You can hear the orcs are just outside the barn. You wonder whether you should wait a little longer before escaping out the back door or heed the orc's warning before it's too late.

What do you decide to do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)