More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by danny222 danny222

What's next?

Her muscles are sore like she was working out.

As Liz cleared the blurriness from her eyes she became immediately aware of how hard it was to move her body. Forgetting the strange sensation from below she was struggling to get out of bed. Each muscle as sore as if she had just trained each one for an hour.

"I'm never going to make it to college on time like this." She mumbled.

"Come on, Liz! You can't be late on your first day back!' Came the call from her brother Josh.

Josh had always taken to making sure Liz got to school on time, her college and his university were very far from home and Liz didn't have her driving licence yet, among other things, as their parents were constantly busy. Dad was a software developer with a background in electrical engineering. Mom was a saleswoman, but not the kind you'd find at a car dealership. Their mom was the kind that would go to big name parties and events to mingle with investors and owners of large companies, the kind of saleswoman who would sell a new device to an entire franchise to help with their workflow. At one of these many parties she met their father who was busy trying to market his newest development which, at the time, was groundbreaking. Having met with very little success he receded to a corner where their mother was scoping for her next target.

After a short chat their mother decided to show him how a sales pitch was done. From there they met to discuss further business of him developing tech and her selling it. As you could probably guess, they fell in love and had two children. Ever since Josh was old enough to take care of Liz their parents went full into their careers again. They were probably at a convention right now showing off their fathers newest prototype. Much like a Fitbit the new device was worn on the wrist, tracked your health and exercise, and linked to all of your other electronic devices. The stand out thing about this particular one is that it was a standalone device, no need to connect it to a phone or computer, and it had a screen that pulls out and displays in full HD right on your arm! It was still in development and definitely wasn't perfect, but with the proper funding it could be very handy.

Liz remembered that her father promised to send her one as soon as the working prototypes were put into production, she'd really like if he could bring one in person but it's nice that he's always thinking of her. At this point Liz was far behind on being ready for school. Throwing on a simple outfit she was in a bright yellow t-shirt and plain blue jeans and downstairs making breakfast. Thinking she had adjusted to the soreness she was dealing with Liz attempted to lift the milk jug to pour a bowl of cereal and nearly screamed at the amount of pain it put her in. Thankfully enough a bowl of cereal was made...and then another, and then another. After her fourth bowl Liz had decided not to eat all the cereal in one day and prepared some toast that she could eat on the way to college.

"Wow, someone was really hungry this morning! Did you forget to eat dinner last night?" Josh proposed.

"You're right, I ate quite a bit more than usual. I promise I didn't skip any meals." Liz responded.

"Well promise you'll spend a little time exercising. I know you're still growing girl but eating too much will still end up adding a lot of weight to you." Josh said.

Liz figured she should listen as her brother was in fantastic shape. She didn't get to see him without his shirt a lot as he was always playing the parental role, but whatever side-eyed glances she could catch gave her feelings she wasn't supposed to have for a brother. While thinking of this she noticed the strange sensation from this morning was back, but the soreness was completely gone.

"Alright, we'll be late if we don't get a move on. Let's get to school." Josh ushered her out the door and the first day back from summer vacation was beginning.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)