More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SillyGoose SillyGoose

When/Where does the story begin?

Heading back to her dorm alone

Walking into Monoyer Dorm, holding Ruths hand tightly trying not to trip, her cane folded away in her back pocket; she still wasn't used to it and prefered not to use it. The two pause for a moment, letting the air conditioner cool them from the warm spring day. Ruth, squeezing Daphne's hand twice, said in his unsual calm voice, "now, are you sure you want to do this alone, I could help you get to your room and inform your friends of whats going on, it'll be no trouble for me." Daphne replied adamantly "no!", she paused for a moment ashamed for raising her voice before continuing, "thank you... I am fine on my own". Worried but respectful of her autonomy replied "Very well, but at any point if you need help you know how to contact me; I'll go bak to the car and wait 10 minutes, and if everything goes smoothly I'll head off then ok". Ruth then let go of Daphne's hand leaving her alone and walked away.

The common area was just up the flight of stairs up ahead, she'd done the journey many times over the last few months it had become second nature but now standing in total darkness he was hesitant and uncertain. Reaching her arm out to the side, she touched the rough wallpaper and began slowly shuffling forward with small steps using the wall to guide her. With each step she took, she tried stepping a bit further and slightly faster trying. She was unsure what direction she should be looking, straight forward was what felt intuitive and would look natural but as she tried it she felt unstable, she turned her head back down to face the floor, although she couldn't see anything it felt safer.

Eventually she felt her toe tap against the first step. Daphne took her hand of the wall and slowly felt around trying to find the hand rail which she tightly grabbed onto once she had found it. She lifted and moved one of her legs slowly over, using the hand rail to maintain balance not wanting to fall. Only when she felt her foot was securely placed did she begin moving her other. Once she felt the hand rail end did she know that she had made it to the top of the stairs. Ahead was the door to the common area, she never knew the door to be closed so she began walking forward.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)