More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by TMJ2008 TMJ2008

Do you kneel before your master and creator?

He is my master and creator. I will show respect where it is due.

Your instincts tell you that the armored figure before you is your master. He is powerful and wielded that power to give you life. You can feel the essence of his very being pulsing in your veins, the sleeping power there waiting to be tapped the same as that which exudes from your dark master. He is master, father and god all at once to you, the one who gave you life and power. As such, he is perhaps the only individual in this world worthy of your respect and fealty.

This is the decision you come to as you slowly sink down on bended knee before him, your head bowing and even your ears folding forward as you show your respect for your master. And, at this action, Uldar lets out a high-pitched laugh, pleased by your actions. Your master, however, only stares on in silence.

"Yes, that's right, minion. Know your place and respect your betters! Respect those more powerf-!", Uldar cackles but is silenced as the dark lord brings a gauntleted hand down upon Uldar's shoulder (or you assume it is his shoulder beneath that cloak) and forces him down to his knees as well.

"Enough, Uldar. My minion shows respect to me, not you. You would do well to remember your place as well.", the dark lord rumbles at Uldar and the majordomo falls silent as the hooded robe that swims around his form seems to somehow hang lower.

Your master's actions please you and you decide you have made the correct decision in showing fealty to the dark lord. He is your master and he is just, in his way. Just in a dark way, perhaps, but just nonetheless.

"Rise, my minion. You prove your loyalty to me and this is good, but know that you owe fealty to no other. You stand atop all others besides myself. You hold a portion of my very essence within you and are destined for greatness. You shall serve me well and, in the end, you shall stand by my side as my right hand.", the overlord intones as you rise up and, with a wave of his hand, you feel a tingling of magic and garments materialize upon you. It is little more than a pair of dark hide breeches and leather armor, but you feel certain it is more than the other goblins that serve the master are granted.

"You will stand above the others, but you will still have to prove your worth. Fight and prove your strength. Fight and kill my enemies. Fight and bring down the forces of good. Fight and survive to serve your master.", he continues and, with another wave of his hand, you feel a hefty weight as something materializes in your hand. It is a weapon, merely a hefty club with a leather grip, but the dark wood it is carved from shines like onyx stone and tingles with magical power.

"This weapon, I gift to you. It, too, is imbued with my power. It shall grow and change and become strong with you. As you grow strong, so too shall it. It will answer your will, the will of the strong one who wields it, and it shall change to suit that will as you see fit. Use it to smite my enemies and prove your worth!", he commands and you incline your head to him again in both an affirmative answer and gratitude for his gifts.

"Now, minion, you are equipped and ready to be set forth and-", he starts, clearly about to give you some sort of mission, but then the room shakes slightly as you feel a tremor move through the floor and ceiling alike.

Uldar, who had been kneeling silently all this while, stood up and his hooded head whips around in panic, but the overlord simply looks up at the ceiling as though assessing the situation.

"Something has happened within the citadel above...", he murmurs as he continues to scan the ceiling as though he can see through it to the many floors of the citadel above.

What is the situation? What's happening in the citadel?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)