More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LustyBoy LustyBoy

Who's story will you follow?

Grunt Kowalski (FireRed Team Rocket Edition)

Things appeared to be looking up in the feudal region of Kanto. Since the end of the Great War ten years ago, the region's new Champion, Lance, managed to restore it's damaged economy and pave the way for a new age of economic and technological prosperity.

Not everyone was quite so happy with their new post-war government, however. Mobs, street gangs, and other forms of petty organized crime soon arose, each vowing to restore the region to it's former independent glory. None, however, were as powerful or as respected as the notorious Team Rocket.

This infamous organization would regularly scour the region's city streets in search of eager-minded, impoverished Trainers to prove their worth among it's ranks, then task them with organized acts of theft, and corruption. It is with one of these young Trainers that our story begins.

Modifications to the Rules:

Because of the Pokémon stealing mechanic in this game, I'm going to change the rules a bit. Instead of catching one pokemon per road, you can't catch them at all. Stealing is the only option.

"Well, hello there! Welcome to Team Rocket!"

Who am I? Ironically, my name is Grunt Kowalski, and I am about to become a Team Rocket Grunt. Just a regular street orphan with pink hair. I'm probably related to the many pink-haired nurses, but I guess they don't want any boys in their family, so I was thrown away like some Trubbish.

"A new life of , thievery and debauchery awaits!"

As the purple-bearded guy is saying, I'm joining Team Rocket. For someone like me, with no education for a normal job, or no rich parents to give me some ultra-rare starter, it's the only chance to become a Pokémon Trainer. Fucking with the law is just a side effect, but an enjoyable one nonetheless. Also, you've got to admit, these black uniforms are damn cool-looking.

"Now, you are going to recieve your first mission in a little bit. But first..."

The Admin turned around and pointed at the row of crates behind him. The exact crates that every grunt in the room was focused on since they noticed them. It's easy to assume everyone was excited about what's inside them. And "everyone" of course included me.

"In the crates behind me, you will find your very first Pokémon. Each of you will now walk up here one by one, take their pokeball, and go up the stairs on my left. There, our science geeks will provide you the HM for Fly. Your first task is to steal yourself a pokemon capable of learning that move and flying over to Mt. Moon, where you will await further instructions. Now move your sorry asses!"

I was second to get my starter. No choosing from three different ones however, everyone gets the same one... Rattata. I sighed, and the Admin noticed it.

"Don't want a Rattata? Too bad, you're getting it anyway. Just grow some balls and steal yourself a better 'mon!"

I guess he had a point, they have way too many new recruits to give them some actually good Pokemon. I take my Rattata, that I affectionaly decided to call Eternal, and moved along.

Upstairs I found the nerd's office and recieved the disk containing Fly. As I was going to leave the base, some other grunt caught up to me. Oh no, he has green hair. I pray to Arceus he doesn't want to become friends, I don't want to be known as the weird hair duo member for the rest of my career here.

"Oh, hi. You going to steal your first Pokémon? Cool. But you don't really strike me as someone who'd decide to become a professional crook all of a sudden. Bet you never even nicked a candy bar from the Poke Mart before, am I right?"

I wanted to interrupt and tell him that I really did do some illegal stuff before, but he didn't even give me a chance to do so.

"Haha, don't worry about it man. I'll teach you all you need to know. Name's Ronnie by the way. I'm gonna get the HM, wait for me outside!" He said, without hearing me say a single word. Guess I'm stuck with him now.

I left through the Rocket-owned casino and waited for a moment outside. I considered just leaving on my own and escaping the green-haired guy, but sadly, he quickly caught up with me.

"I bet you'd like to know how am I suddenly an expert in Pokemon crime all of a sudden." No, I really wouldn't. "I know I just joined Team Rocket, but man, I'll have you knownI came prepared. Immorality is my passion man!"

He then pulled out some cheap-looking book out of his pocket.

"Er-hem! 'Pokemon Robbery for Dummies: Chapter One. The first step to any succesful Pokemon heist is to pick a suitable target.' Now, seeing as we're only grunts, we can only steal from old people and kids for th time being, which sucks."

Where the Giratina did he get a guide like this? Did some older grunt scam him?

"But hey, I'm sure we'll be rising up the ranks in no time flat so don't worry about it. Anyway, we've gotta find ourselves an old fart or a little brat. Give me a shout if you see any!"

Ronnie leads us onto the peaceful streets of Celadon City. And despite every inch of my body wanting to go in the opposite direction, I follow him. Who knows, he might be useful, even if only for taking blame for my mistakes.

"Hey, look! Innocent-looking schoolgirl six o'clock!" He yelled at me, pointing at some pink-haired little girl running around the city fountain. "Man, this is our big chance! Okay, okay, okay, focus now. Let me see what the experts have to say next..." He pulled out his 'guide' again. " 'Step two: Engage your chosen target in a Pokemon battle and proceed to defeat them.' ... Well? What are you waiting for?"

This guy can't actually be serious. And this time he must have actually realized I wasn't buying his talk.

"What's wrong? You think I should do that? I mean, come on man. That's just- That would be far to easy for me! Besides, you're the newbie here! No need to worry, I'll be, uh, right behind you buddy! So go ahead and beat that little girl!"

I can't believe this man. I approached the girl and stood in her way, playing with Eternal's pokeball in my hand. She looked up at me innocently.

"Oh, hello. Do you want to play with me?" She asked, oblivious to what my uniform meant. I wasn't really sure what to say, so I just nodded. "Yay! You know, it's my most favourite place in all of Celadon to play in-!" I interrupted her by extending my arm with the pokeball, getting into a battle stance. "O-oh? A Pokemon battle? O-okay, I can do that... I only have these pokemon that my mom gave me for my birthday, but okay."

People seriously give pokemon to children this young? With how attractive most of these creatures are, this can easily lead to awakening 'something' in them prematurely. I'll never understand parents. Speaking of the inappropiate, I guess I shouldn't victory-fuck her pokemon in front of her. Maybe after we steal them and scare her away.

"Battling seems like fun, I've seen it on TV... Alright, let's do it!" The girl took out a pokeball out of her bag and threw out her first Pokémon. Pidgey materialized before me. Not bad, and I'm pretty sure she can learn Fly. I finally allowed Eternal out of her ball, and my first ever real Pokemon battle began.

Eternal was able to outspeed the Pidgey, and slammed right into her with Quick Attack. She took one tackle, but tanked it like a champ and finished her opponent off with another tackle. She had another Pokemon, a Spearow. Despite attempts at pecking Eternal's eyes out, the second bird was also no match for my rat girl's speed. The schoolgirl's second pokemon fainted, and she returned it back to her pokeball.

"Wow, you beat me!" She said cheerfully, still having no idea what was coming. She handed over the 12 pokedollars of reward money. "Well, that was fun..." She stared at me, not understanding what I was doing, as I reached for her bag. "Hey, what are you..." Ronnie finally came to help and grabbed her arm, holding her in place. "No, please, what are you doing? Let me go!"

"Oh man, oh man, you did it buddy! Now, for the final step! Man, I'm itching with excitement. 'Step three: Having succesfully defeated your chosen target, you may now him or her to hand over one of their Pokemon, as far as your rank within your organization of choice allows.' Arceus damn, if being a gangster isn't the coolest thing in the world."

"No please, you guys are meanies!"

I ignored both of them and took both Pokeballs out of the girl's bag. I looked at both my choices and took Pidgey, just because she looked better. I named her Skylar and attached her pokeball to my belt. I also threw the other one to Ronnie, who grabbed it, letting go of the little girl. She instantly ran off crying. Breaking a child's heart is a small price for a winged waifu.

"See man? That was pretty straight-forward, wasn't it?" Even his talk didn't annoy me at that moment, my pride in my first ever victory was far too pleasant for me to bother. "So anyway, what do you want to do now?" I didn't even try to answer the question. When he talks, he never gives me an opportunity to answer anyway. "I guess we better head over to Mt. Moon like that guy Petrel said." The Admin's name is Petrel. Good to know. "That pokemon you snagged can learn Fly, right? Anyway, no rush. I'm gonna head back and show off my new quarry to those noobs back at HQ. Feel free to join me or whatever. Catch ya later man."

He finally left me alone. I enjoyed the moment of silence. I went to a pokemon center to heal up my Pokemon, and ignoring the angry stares of other clients, left. Then, I began looking for a place where I could have some privacy, to deal with my duty of fucking new 'mon, as the law says. I mean, some laws are just too good to break. I found some open back entrance to a building and climbed th staircase all the way up to the roof. Some guy had a mental breakdown over there, and just left a pokeball with an Eevee behind. As a true man of opportunity I would never leave a free rare pokemon behind. I called her Tzeentch and added her to my team, before finally releasing all three of my pokemon and had a long, good look at them.

Here I'll present some links to drawings of anthro/gijinka pokemon. You can decide which ones you prefer and I'll stick to them later on. 

Rattata:

(Anthro) cutt.ly/cDxxmzT

(Anthro2) cutt.ly/TDxxLUC

(Gijinka) https://cutt.ly/JDxciWj

Pidgey: (For this one I only found a gijinka, F) https://cutt.ly/4Dxcbtr

Eevee:

(Anthro) https://cutt.ly/zDxc0JR

(Another Anthro) https://cutt.ly/VDxvw6G

(Gijinka) https://cutt.ly/EDxvdkT

What shall we do with them?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)