More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Peri2g Peri2g

Where would you like to go?

Find a Job

You decide that you may as well begin to look for work. Even if you still have plenty of time, there's no reason that you can't start padding your coffers now! As you find your way to a nearby town center you realize you're surprisingly optimistic and even a little adventurous. You could actually find a pretty exciting job in this world. It's a short walk to the nearest busy square in town where a community message board is posted. It has all manner of papers tacked and stacked upon its surface. Some are very ruggedly drawn, while some show the fine lines of a printing block.

Construction, and manual labor jobs are uncommon, surprisingly, and the only requests are for highly skilled manual labor. It takes you a moment to remember that labor is not only allowed in this world, but an essential part of the economy. In fact one of the posts even offers to pay you a generous sum to sell yourself into indentured servitude. You look away from the paper, unsure of how you feel about it all.

Elsewhere on the board is an advertisement in an almost old Americana style proclaiming "make money fast, sell your un-needed bits and bobs." It goes into further detail, but you don't read it, only glancing at the address and name of the place. "Swap Shop"

"How generic" you chuckle.

There are further job postings, for personal assistants, cleaning services, and of course, plenty of postings in food servers. Some things never really change, you realize, no matter what world you're in. Still, these could be safe and easy jobs.

Another bold font sign catches your eye. "Research Assistant" It proclaims in immaculate type face, almost as if printed on a digital printer. Pay High, Plenty of Adventure, Fringe Benefits, Easy work week, See House of Eidyia.

Maybe you should take one of these jobs, or maybe keep reading?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)