More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sorenus Sorenus

What is MC's gender, race, and name; basically who are they?

Female Ascendant, Sabrina Palyrius

“I understand.” Sabrina narrowed her eyes, concentrating on the individual in front of her, before she finally relaxed, confident that she was not being lied to.

It was important that the person kneeling in front of her understood their task and would follow it perfectly, after all. They would be the one running The Astorian Kingdom in place of Queen Sabrina until she returned, after all.

Where was Queen Sabrina going? Why, she was accepting a teaching position at Goddess Basiliea’s Royal Women’s University. It was a place she was quite familiar with. She was an alumni from the school, after all. Perhaps that was why it wasn’t so odd that she was going to teach there. In any other school, royalty becoming teacher would’ve been ridiculous and out of the question. But RWU was founded by a goddess and only accepted female royalty from across the multiverse as students. Many of the students went on to become teachers.

Of course, Sabrina’s transition from learning to teaching wasn’t quite as smooth as many of her once peers. The Queen has never intended to teach-after graduation, she went right back to her tumultuous world to secure a powerful position for her kingdom in their perilous times. But someone seemed to have been keeping an eye on her. More than 30 years later, the dust has finally settled. And although nothing is completely said and done with, her Kingdom controls more than 95% of their medium-sized continent, leaving them as one of the 4 powerhouses of the world. More importantly, none of the other powerful countries had easy access to them-they’d all have to cross the oceans in order to attack.

With her country secured, it wasn’t long before Sabrina had gotten her invitation from RWU to return as a teacher. It wasn’t too surprising she had been invited back when she really thought about it. She had been the Valedictorian of her year after all. It was a rather impressive feat, all things considered. After all, duchesses, countesses, chieftains, baronesses, princesses, and even young queens and empresses from all across the multiverse gathered at RWU to become the best. That includes from any and all races-and there were some pretty powerful races out there. And humans, although the most populous of the races, were far from the most powerful.

That’s why achieving such a prestigious position as Valedictorian had been so incredible back when she was a human. Not that she was a human anymore. Nowadays, Sabrina has passed her trials of ascendancy and became an ascendant.

Ascendants, although uncommon, were rather easy to explain. They were basically any mortal race who had surpassed mortal limitations through trials and ascended to the realm of the immortals through their own strength, but were not yet deities.

As such, ascendents tended to look rather similar to their original race, but tended to be superior in every way-from intelligence, to physical ability, to magic, to their appearance. Even in categories such as their sexual abilities, ascendants tended to have the edge over mortal races.

So of course, when Sabrina thought about it, it was unsurprising that RWU would want one of their former Valedictorians who had become an ascendant on staff. And the opportunity was good for Sabrina as well. The resources she would have to further her studies and research would only be matched by the challenges she would face. After all, in spite of being Valedictorian, her year had not been of particularly strong competition in comparison to other years.

Plus, she could use her time at the academy to make inter dimensional connections, should her Kingdom ever come under crisis. The opportunity was one she really could not afford to pass up.

Shaking out of her musings, Sabrina turned to face forward, pretending that she had simply been scrutinizing her target more thoroughly than usual. After all, picking a stand-in was certainly an activity of such significance.

Who kneeled before the Queen?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)