More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by kronos204 kronos204

Who starts off with which rings?

Faith, an office worker [Ring of Affirmation]

Faith was late hurrying into her office on Monday morning. She had barely had time to do her hair that morning, throwing on her blouse and skirt while she dried it. She nearly ran into the building, wishing she'd rethought her heels. She hit the elevator call button at a run.

"C'mon, c'mon..." she chanted. The elevator dinged and opened. When she stepped onto it a glint caught her eye. In the corner sat a little gold ring. She hit the office's floor button, then stopped to pick up the ring. The thing was fairly plain, but gold is gold, and this had the right kind of heft to it. Something about it called to her to put it on. She chuckled to herself ruefully, considering which hand to put it on. "Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm married. Don't want to drive off all the boys," she said, putting it on her right ring finger. Fat chance. She'd been in a dry spell for a couple years now. It's not that she was unattractive. She was on the better side of average, thin and tall, with long chestnut hair. She was a little thin in the wrong places too, which multiple exes pointed out at the end of their relationships, but she got by. At least, she used to. Whatever motivation she had for her love life had fallen by the wayside in favor of Netflix and self pity. At least she had her job, as long as that lasted. She told herself this would be the last time she was late.

The elevator opened and Faith walked around to her cubical, as calm and composed as she could be. She walked past faith, whose desk was across from her own. This was good and bad. The good thing is that she really liked Melissa. She was probably the best friend Faith had in the office. The downside is that Melissa is the CEO's wife. Not that she's a narc, but Faith was sure that Mel's husband, Scott, complained about her enough that Faith's stories that took place around work hours were heard in a fairly different way sometimes. Overall, Mel was pretty great, if on the prudish side. She was a pudgy woman, and small with dirty blonde hair always styled perfectly to have waves roll down her back. Her fashion sense was impeccable, which is probably why she'd work for a textile company even though she was in marketing. She was always fun and full of energy in a way that reminded Faith of a hamster. But she was nice enough when Faith started out that she had actually developed a little crush on her. Her husband too, actually, but both were years ago.

"Hey Mel, good morning, did you have a nice weekend with the hubby?" Faith asked, passing the woman and rounding to her own desk. They faced each other, but were divided by the cubical walls. Whatever the cheap stuff they were made of, they didn't block sound very well, which worked for the two of them who usually liked to talk while they worked.

Did she?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)