More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by reaper13 reaper13

Who do you want to follow?

Eve (22 year white girl blonde hair)

This is Eve. She is 22 years old and is going to college. She is also the student body president. Many people on the campus, both fellow students and teachers, know her as a good natured young woman who wants to do what she thinks is right for the university.

The recent racial tensions have gotten her to realize relations between white people and people of color is worse now than it has been in years. Because of that, she is taking a greater interest in the activities of a college group called ‘the diversity committee’, a group of students that actively try to combat racism in any way they know.

Eve is currently in the university building, meeting with one of the committee’s members. A black guy named Michael.
“Good afternoon, Michael.” Eve greets him, shaking his hand. “How are you?”
“I’m find, miss president.” Michael says. “How about you?”
“Please, just call me Eve.”
Eve and Michael both sit down and get to busyness.
“So Michael, what can you tell me about the university’s current diversity status.” Eve asks.
“The first thing of note would probably be the amount of black and white students. With the help of the school records we have been able to ascertain that about 81% of the student body are Caucasian. The percentage of black students however is only 13%.”
“What about the remaining 6%?” Eve asks.
“Those are all the other minority’s, ma’am. The Asian, Arab, Latino and Indian students.” Michael explains. “Other than that, we have barely any information.”
“I see.” Eve says.
Before Eve can continue Michael interrupts her.
“To that end I believe it would be a good idea to have the students fill in a questionnaire.”
Michael then hands Eve a sheet of paper.
Eve takes some time and read through the document. It starts as any usual questionnaire, asking about the participants race, gender, age.
Then it evolves to race related questions. How many friends do you have, how many of your friends are white, black, Asian …
There is however one question that bothered Eve.
“Why is there a question asking the students if they have ever slept with a man of woman of another race?” Eve asks.
“Intercourse is a very intimate and personal form of acceptance.” Michael explains. “People who engage in adult acts of interracial relations can therefore be considered as people who have accepted diversity.”
Eve can’t fault his logic. She can hardly imagine racists engaging in intercourse with people that have a different skin tone.
“I don’t know.” Eve says. “This question feels rather controversial.”
Michael smiles and says. “When Abraham Lincoln abolished slavery, it was considered controversial. When Rosa Parks refused to stand so a white man could sit, it was considered controversial. When a black man got elected president of the United States, that too was controversial. If we are to progress our society to being more diverse, we cannot afford to be afraid of controversy.”
Michael is right. Discrimination is not something people can overcome without breaking a few eggs. Besides, this questionaire is only to find out how diverse the university currently is. How much of a controversy could it really be?
With her mind made up, Eve tells Michael he has her approval to submit this questionnaire to all the students in campus.

How many of the students say they have engaged in interracial sex?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)