More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by adam17017 adam17017

Who would you like to play as? An established character, or someone new?

Emperor Emyr Var Emreis

The White Flame Dancing on the Grave of His Foes stalked across the room he claimed as his office in the recently captured palace of Vizima. He had recently had an audience with the head of his spy corps who assured him that he had heard from numerous trusted sources that his daughter Ciri had been spotted again in multiple places.

This was good news for Emyr, as Ciri was his heir to the throne of Nilfgaard and the client states that he ruled. Ciri had disappeared almost ten years ago after helping those she had adopted as her parents, Geralt of Rivia and Yennefer of Vengerberg. Of Geralt, he had heard little recently, as the witcher had kept a low profile taking menial contracts over the years as if trying not to announce his presence. Of Yennefer, he had heard more, she must have known about Ciri's return also as his court sorceresses had informed him that they had felt Yennefer's attempt at doing locating spells, which they assumed were meant to find Ciri.

Stories of spectral figures dancing across the sky seemed to follow Yennefer, and those of his sorceresses who had come from peasant stock told him of stories involving the Wild Hunt, and if he had not known what his daughter could do, he would discard those stories for child fables. Knowing what he knew though, he had to take the stories with a grain of truth, and if Yen was his lead to Ciri, he had to get to her first before the Wild Hunt, or whatever else pursued her across the night sky. His sorceresses informed him that they had not felt Yen use magic for a span of days at that point, so the sorceress must have know she was being pursued.

Emyr summoned in a couple of his generals and ordered patrols in all directions in an attempt to find Yen, he gave her description to the best of his memory and how she had been spotted recently. He heard the horse hoofs on the cobblestones outside the palace as the soldiers went to fulfill their duty. He waited patiently, or as patiently as he could, he needed his daughter and heir soon, his hold over the nobles in Nilfgaard was slipping, he knew that much though they continued to smile at him and bow their heads as he passed, he knew better.

His plan was to marry his daughter and abdicate the throne to her, she would inherit the power and responsibility, but he would be there to guide her and at the same time, keep the bloodline pure. This was the best case scenario according to his advisors, but first he had to find Ciri, and convince her.

A few days later, his head sorceress Fringilla Vigo, came to his office with someone behind her in handcuffs.

Who did Fringilla bring into his presence?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)