More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by adam17017 adam17017

Who did Fringilla bring into his presence?

Yennefer

As the door closed behind a retreating Fringilla, Yennefer stood in front of her emperor straight backed and arrogant as always. Emyr walked up to the sorceress and uncuffed her, freeing her from her dimeritium shackles. "Was that really necessary? I came to you willingly." The sorceress asked as she massaged her chafed wrists.

"It is how we treat all sorceresses of suspicion in Nilfgaard Yennefer, and you have not given me reason not to suspect you for a long time now." Emyr said as he walked to his desk and unstoppered a decanter and pulled two glasses from a drawer in the table. "A glass of Rivian Red?" He offered her. "I never had a stomach for these northern spirits, but the cellar was full of them when we captured the place, seemed like a shame to let it go to waste. Though you can be sure that a shipment of true drink from Touissant was requested of my dear Duchess Henrietta as soon as the roads were cleared of rebels." He continued with his small talk.

"You must be think why I am here." Yennefer tried to cut him off.

"I know why you're her Yennefer. My spies tell me much." He said setting his glass down after taking a sip and grimacing in disgust. "They tell me of Geralt of Rivia and Triss Merigold, they tell me of strange sightings in the sky that the local rabble attribute to the Wild Hunt, and they tell me that my daughter has returned." He finished watching her face redden at the mention of Geralt and Triss.

"Ciri is why I am here Emyr." Yennefer told him flatly.

"You are one of the few who dare to call me so informally." He chuckled. "That is why I keep you around Yennefer. You have been a thorn in my side for a long time, I debated having you killed many times, along with the rest of your sorceresses. Who would have thought that refuge in the Northern Kingdoms would amount to so little? Soon, all the lands beyond the Yaruga will be Nilfgaard, and then I will do whatever I please without fear. That is unless you pledge to me your loyalty." He offered.

"What does a pledge of loyalty have to do with finding Ciri?" Yennefer asked frustratedly.

"Everything my dear. You will have access to my spies, my soldiers and me resources, all you have to do is ask for them and provide me with reports on the progress of fining my daughter." The emperor offered.

"If I were to agree, I would need to bring Geralt into the fold, the rumors you heard of the Wild Hunt, well they aren't rumors. The Wild Hunt is real, and they have a lock on my magic, if I use it to try an locate Ciri, they will find and kill me." Yennefer explained.

"You are mine to kill or do with as I wish Yennefer, no one else! We had this agreement before, when I asked you to be my court mage a long time ago, and you left me to run to some Northern slum instead. If it's Geralt you need, then call for him. I always love to see if come to you like a dog on a leash. Oh, one more thing, if you stay loyal to me, I will have a gift for you."

"What type of gift?" Yennefer asked suspiciously.

"My soldiers bumped into a couple of scholars on their way from Oxenfurt, and brought them to me saying they may bear important knowledge. Sure enough, they claim to know the cure to reversing the effects of sterility, in men and women, as well as Witchers and Sorceresses. I know having a child has always been a dream of yours Yen, I can make that happen. Just do as I say, and that can be your future, a mother." Emyr said, offering Yennefer something she couldn't possibly refuse.

"I'll do as you say." Yennefer said with a deep sigh, knowing she had just sold her soul.

"I'll bring Fringilla in and we'll make it an oath with magic that cannot be broken. I have been reading some magic scrolls lately, I had no idea such a use for the magic existed, it could come in useful in the future." Yennefer nodded her assent and Fringilla was called in to perform the spell.

"I don't feel any different." Yennefer said carefully as she searched inside herself for any obvious signs of compulsion.

"You are dismissed Yennefer. I will call you when I am ready for you to report to me of your progress." Emyr said. Yennefer's eyes widened as she realized she couldn't disobey. To be dismissed like a servant shamed her, but she could not so much as stare daggers at the emperor anymore.

Once she left the room, Emyr smiled at Fringilla. "Oh yes Fringilla, this spell will do nicely."

"Yes my emperor." She said bowing respectfully to him as she excused herself from his presence.

What's next for the emperor?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)