More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Genericc616 Genericc616

Who are you, and why did you step through the portal?

Emma - A young elf yearning for adventure

You wake up to the sound of a rooster, as you slowly open your eyes as you rise from your bed, as the sun leaks into your room through the open window, as you hear the clucking of the chickens outside. You slowly get to your feet, the wooden floorboards creak at even your light step, as you step towards the the wash room where some hopefully hot water will pour from the tap as you begin the day with a bath, it seems that fortune wasn't smiling on you today, as you are to bath in cold water, as you sit in the circular wooden tub, washing you soft fair skin, and rinse your golden blonde hair.

You finish your grim bath, as you hear the sound of footsteps approach the wash room, as you dry yourself off on a nearby towel, it is worn rough from years of use, and you make an effort to dry yourself as quickly as possible. "Emma are you almost done in there?" The gruff voice of your half brother Vince yells through the door, as you let out a sigh as you just seem to be having the worse luck today.

"Yeah, Yeah give me a minute." You yell back in an annoyed tone, as you dry your hair, and wrap the towel around you naked form, as you step towards the door, and unlatch and open it, to reveal you half brother as he grins like the moron he is at your near naked body, as the towel covers your perky C cup boobs, but stops up around the thigh area, revealing much of your legs.

"Well good morning Sis." Vince says as his eyes wonder up and down your towel clad form as he stands between you and your room, where the few clothes and possessions you own reside. "My father asked me to make sure your lazy butt was up, as he needs us to head into town today, and drop off some goods for him." Vince continues as his eyes continue to scan over you body, as you feel your anger begin to boil over, as the last thing you wanted today was a hour long cart ride with Vince as he pervs on you, while you lead the horse. You wouldn't even need to accompany Vince if he was remotely kind to the horses, as you explained to your step father before, but the man was stubborn and refused to let you help out with your mothers work. You assume this is because you made it very clear you don't care for you mothers choice of a second partner, and your step father doesn't want you turning your mother against him.

"Morning Vince, If we need to get into town nice and early, then I need to get my things, so would you mind stepping to the side." You say with a false smile, as you try and keep things civil as the last thing you want is an annoyed Vince being a pain in you butt all morning, because you snapped at him for being the jackass that he is. A lesson your mother thankfully taught you, as otherwise your life would be more difficult than it is, and all thing said about your step father, and his son and your half brother, things could be a lot worse. The farm is hard work, but mostly you are left with ferrying the goods back and forth, and with the harvests being what they have been the last ten years, there is talk of hiring on extra workers, meaning you might not even need to drive the goods.

"Sure thing sis." Vince says with a wolfish grin as he turns himself side on leaving you with just enough room to get past, as you squeeze past him and feel a bulge in his pants as you brush past him, which makes you shiver slightly. You know Vince has a big crush on you, and that despite being a brother by law, has no ill feelings about taking your womanhood, if you gave him the chance.

"I'll see you shortly, give me a few minutes to get dressed, and put together some things, and I'll meet you outside." You say softly as you bite your tongue from saying anything else to Vince, as you look at his tall muscular frame, with his muddy brown hair a mess on his head. Vince towers over you at 6 foot tall, one thing he'll always have on you being human, as an Elf the tallest you could of hoped for was 5'9 but you ended up a respectable 5'7 which still sits you in the taller heights of an elf, but about average for a human female. You powder you skin down which helps pick up any moisture left on your skin, as well as having a nice flowery scent to it, it also keeps your skin as soft as people would expect of an Elf, you tie back your golden blonde hair into a pony tail and take a second to admire the single braid that you mother made as it sits above your left pointed ear. You look into the mirror as you check you face as your stunning blue eyes scan over your face, to see if there were any blemishes, which thankfully there were none, as you step back and open up the wooden chest at the foot of your small bed, and take out a set of shorts which you step into, a cloth bra to give your nice perky boobs some support as well as pushing them together is donned, before you throw over a plain white shirt, and adjust the buttons so that you give off a appropriate look, but also something which keeps you alluring just in case you run into someone who could rescue you from this dull life, not that such a person exists, as your many trips have taught you, the only option you have if you seek adventure would be to step through a portal to Aurora, a more promising looking prospect seeing as your mother seems contempt with her husband, and with this life.

You head into the kitchen and take a small leather bag from the back of one of the chairs, and load up some bread, and an apple for you and Vince, as well as a few water skins. You shouldn't have any trouble, but its better to have the water, and not need it, than to need it and not have it as you father used to say. You have very few memories of your father, as he was busy working by the time you were old enough to remember, and then bed ridden by the time you were old enough to assist him with his work, as a illness slowly claimed him. It was a sad time for both you and your mother, but thankfully the hard work you father put in allowed you and your mother to live in comfort on this farm, and two years ago in your sixteenth summer was it that your stepfather and step brother Vince arrived in your lives to stay. Vince was a year older than yourself, and his father ran the farm over from yours, when a bad harvest all but ruined them, and only by your mothers generosity was it that they were spared, you suspect that this annoyed your Stepfather to no end, but then he won over your mothers heart, and within a few months they were married, and expanded the farm together, between your mothers knowledge of plants and animals and your step dads ability to toil the lands the farm has thriven these last two years.

You step outside as see that Vince has already attached the cart to the horse, and was finishing loading up the goods, you were about to step towards him when a warm hand catches your shoulder, and you turn to see your mothers smiling face greet you. You smile back as you look up at her soft face, which looks as youthful as ever, with her short blonde hair with its matching braid, and her own blue eyes filled with pride, and yet a hint of sadness. "Hello Emma my joy, how are you this fine summers day?" You mothers asks with a soft and gentle voice, which soothes any problems that may of ailed you.

"Morning mother, my day is always brighter when you're able to greet me." You say with a smile as you open your arms and embrace you mother tightly in a warm loving hug. "Is it my birthday, or some other special occasion." You say in a joking manner as you step back and look at your mothers face.

"Indeed it is a special occasion, one which is bittersweet, but one that we shall both one day cherish my summer flower." You mother says as runs her soft hands over your face as she smiles at you, again a slight sadness to her eyes.

"What's the occasion mother?" You ask hesitantly as you look back and watch Vince struggle with a sack of potatoes as a few slip through the top of the sack and begin to roll over the ground.

"Well as this is your eighteenth summer, you are now officially an adult, and I know that this life isn't one you want to live, so I have a gift for you, one from your father." You mother says as she reaches into a pocket and takes out a small pouch that jingles as she lifts it, and deposits it into your hand, the weight feels heavy as you heft the bag in you hand, before you mother also passes you a large leather bag with back straps, like you see the travelers wearing. You look up at your mother with a hint of confusion, as you are about to ask her what these presents are for, before she presses a hand to your lips. " Your father always wanted a more exciting life, and often talked of his desires to explore and see the world, before he settled down with me, and then when we had you. I see that same wanderlust in your eyes, as I did his, and how much you love to hear those tales of the far off lands of Aurora, so I have saved up some money, and also got you this travelers kit that your father bought but never got the chance to use." You mother says as a single tear forms in one of her eye, as she wipes it away.

"I don't understands, what about the farm, what about you?" You ask as you suddenly realize what you mothers gifts might mean.

"Don't fret about me, I love you and always shall, but I am happy here, and I can see you aren't so I want you to go out there and see the world, and leave out the dream you and your father share. The farm here is in good hands, and I want you to be happy, now it can be dangerous, but I've heard from your step father about how you can happily defends yourself from Vince, so I shan't worry about that. So go out there my flower, and show the world what you can do." Your mother says as tears stream down her face, as you silently embrace her and hold her tightly for a few minutes, before finally letting go,

"I love you mother, I won't forget you, I'll write and send messages back and forth, and then you'll hear stories of my adventures one day, and maybe one day you'll be able to move over too, when I've built a manor from my fortunes, I'll even let Vince and my stepfather come." You say with a smile as you wipe away your own tears, and hug your mother again.

"I look forward to that, be sure to write with an address we can reply to." You mother says as she lets go and passes you your new large leather back pack, as you look over and see Vince impatiently waiting for you to get on the cart and head off into town, little does he know it'll be the last trip you have together for what could be a very long time.

How do you prepare before you adventure to Aurora?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)