More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Campbell Campbell

Where next?

Diagon Alley

You arrived at Diagon Alley via the Floo powder that you have been given by Ministry officials, You came out of the backstreet that you arrived at, you were here to pick up the essentials before you got going to Hogwarts. First you needed to go to Gringotts Wizarding Bank to see your family vault, you had been told that the Gaunts’ family gold was squandered long before you were born and you were told not to expect much. Just a few steps in front you noticed what was a incredibly large man coming out of some bricks that were rolling away next the man was a boy they seemed to be walking in the direction of Gringotts they were an odd paring to say the least.

Walking down Diagon Alley was a interesting experience to say the least, there was always something happening. Going down Diagon Alley you saw a huge snowy white building that towered over the other little shops, From what you had been told by Kingsley this was the Bank. You entered the Bank seeing the sign under the outcrop.

Walking along a huge hall that felt it was never ending the huge ceiling that felt it was impractical for goblins when would they ever need this much space. Coming up to one of the counters that were free, you approached and before you even stopped he spoke.

"Name?" said the goblin with little to no emotion coming from his voice, He wasn't even looking at you.

"Marvolo Gaunt." you answered with confidence mimicking the same amount of emotion as he did.

He raised an eyebrow you noticed a change in the goblins expression as if the world had gone cold, you glanced around and noticed a lot of the goblins were discreetly watching you. You knew the name of your family would frighten people until you had got to know them but goblins were a different subject. "Well Master Gaunt we shouldn't keep you waiting." The goblin said trying to muster the authority in his voice, He lead you to one of the carts and you set away on the cart zooming through some caverns to the hidden Gaunt Family Vault.

You arrived at the vault it covered by trees, a bridge that crossed a small river leading to the vault door that seemed to call out to you. you could sense it calling out, When you got closer you saw the huge snake lock on the vault door.

"We've been told to keep this place top secret until the day a Gaunt should return to ask and see the vault." He said it felt like it was leading somewhere you stopped in front of the door waiting for the Goblin to do something, but he seemed to be waiting for you to open it, you didn't have a key there was no keyhole how were you suppose to open it.

"You need to speak in parseltongue," The Goblin broke the silence. "It only opens to people who speak parseltongue which as a Gaunt I believe you should be able to." The goblin said backing away still a bit worried in your presence. You nodded at the goblin, You relaxed and concentrated on the snake.

§Open§

The vault made a loud unlocking noise, you saw the snake move on the door and the door creaked open. When the door fully opened you saw that the vault was packed to the brim, Stacked with Galleons reaching up about 40ft higher than the door or what it seemed like. Surely this wasn't right, from what you had been told you had been told the family gold was squandered, you weren't in any position to complain it was your vault after all, Unless the Goblin lead you to the wrong vault but what other vault would have a parselmouth lock. Once you were done ogling the gold the Goblin gave you a ride back up to the main hall of Gringotts, The goblin had rushed off away not wanting to be in your presence any more.

You left Gringotts, Now you needed to collect your supplies for Hogwarts. First you went into Eeylops Owl Emporium where you purchased a ashy feathered barred owl for sending and receiving mail of course this would be useful in later circumstances. The ashy feathered bird sat on your shoulder it seemed to have taken a liking to you.

Going around all of Diagon Alley was a big chore, Potage's Cauldron Shop to pick up a cauldron. Slug & Jiggers Apothecary to buy your potion ingredients, And Scribbulus Writing Instruments a shop that sells ink, quills, parchment and more.

Next you went to Flourish and Blotts, you had heard that this places was used by the majority of Hogwarts students for school books. The list of books went as follows:

The Standard Book of Spells Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

You were thankful you had picked up the cauldron so that you could carry all of the things you needed. While picking up your school books you noticed a book that peaked your interest, It seemed to talk about the politics and history of the known wizarding world involving a list of families that are involved. You purchased it along with the other school books.

Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions was next on the list to pick up your new Hogwarts school uniform. The list of school uniform was:

Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black)

One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear

One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all student's clothes should carry name-tags.

After purchasing your school uniform you saw a shop with a broom inside the display window the shop was Quality Quidditch Supplies some other kids were crowded round the display window where a broom was on display you knew what it was as soon as you saw it, You had been shown Quidditch by Kingsley one of the Ministry officials you got along with, you assumed this was probably a distraction from becoming a evil wizard and honestly it had worked, You had become engrossed in the game you weren't sure if you were any good at it but nor were many kids your age. Despite the clear warning on the note that said: PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS. You entered the shop and decided to put a order on the broom to be delivered when required as a standby, You didn't have parents and you didn't technically own the broomstick, you had a tone of gold to use, which hopefully was actually yours otherwise you think you might be in a spot of bother.

As you left the shop you saw the last place that was on the list. It was Ollivanders, where you would be going to get a wand, it was a definite essential. As you approached Ollivanders you noticed the boy who you last seen walking with that giant step out of the shop inspecting his what you presumed new wand. You entered Ollivanders, inside the shop it was quite crowded and narrow with selves of wands everywhere, out of nowhere you came face-to-face with presumably the 'Legendary' wandmaker Garrick Ollivander himself, he was quite an old man his wild grey-silvery hair on his head and his pale eyes shining through the gloom of the shop.

Which wand?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)