More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Spioch Spioch

Choose the day!

Day 12: A Night at the Aquarium [Costume Play]

Keywords: Sisters / Mermaid
Themes: Mermaids
Triggers: Mild Asphyxia
POV: 3rd person; female

Content Warning Contains mild asphyxia as character is fighting for her breath in non-sexual way.

"Oh come on! Help me out sis!" Abby begged for tenth time.
"For the last time. I can't let you swim in the Grand Aquarium" Gabby responded.
"All right. You drive a hard bargain, you can swim instead!" Abby retorted with expression meant to signify she has somehow gotten a shorter stick in negotiations.
"I don't want to be a test subject for your bio-tech mermaid costume either!" Gabby responded.
"You sure, I'm telling you, it was just mind bending experience when I tries it!" younger twin cooed.

It's not like Gabby wasn't interested. She did after all witness the first test run. The tech was amazing. She was just always more straight laced and level headed of the duo. Despite being twin sisters and looking very much alike their characters and interests differed, and they went through quite different career paths. With Abby getting into one of best engineering polytechnics in the country and starting research into bio-mechanics. Even at 26 years old she already helped create some break-through prosthetics. She got recruited into a startup and was a reason they could afford amazing apartment in middle of the city.
Gabby on the other hand studied marine biology, and while successful academically, she struggle once she entered the workforce. Finally landing in the entry level job at the medium sized aquarium which did both research and entertainment. She started as practically janitor, feeding fish, cleaning tanks, she did manage to quickly get promoted and was now assistant manager. Plus her career meant she knew almost every nook and cranny of the building.

"After hours. I'll bring the coffee, we'll stay the night, leave in the morning no one will know right?" Abby tried again.
"Cameras" Gabby retorted.
"That are on a loop and no one checks them" Abby shot down that one too.
"..." Gabby was lost at words, and pretty much knew at this point she was going to give in.

Not without the fight however ...


They didn't sneak in. The best option was to just confidently walk in. Gabby just scheduled herself for the night shift claiming she needed some peace and quiet to work on a project proposal.

"So how do we do this?" she asked Abby as they unloaded the things from bags.
"Just as the last time!" her twin chirped.
"Last time you almost drowned!"
"I fixed that!"
"Right and if there's another malfunction?"
"There won't be"
"But if it will, you know I can't help you out then!" Gabby said with exasperation.
"You fished me out last time didn't you?" Abby repeated again "or do you just want to try yourself this time after all? ooo?"
"Not that I want to! It's just safer right? You can control vitals and servos!"
"Riiight. All right sis. In that case strip!"

Gabby really was on the fence, but the last incident where tail servo threw a fit and almost drowned her sister still didn't left her memory. Finally she started undressing. She shed the clothes, all of them. Standing naked in front of her sister was nothing new, but she was still nervous about the suit. Abby for her part also shed her clothes staying in a modest one piece swimming costume.

The got to the edge of the aquarium. This was the main one, designed into a whole building you could swim from one edge of the building to the other, visiting every single room.

"Leg up!"

Abby started pulling slimy tail up her legs. Goddess why did it have to be so slimy. I mean she knew. Electro-conductivity. Same type of gel that they used for ECGs and such, but it didn't help the feeling that her legs were being encased into slimy fishy scales. One they passed knees she turned around and got onto her knees, letting her sister pull up the tail over her hips. Slimy gel on her ass didn't feel well at all either.

"Hands!"

Moments later her hands had interdigital webbing stretched between her lengthened fingers. Thick rubber making it harder to bend them, and almost impossible to manipulate anything.

"Open wide sis!" Abby finished.

This was the last part. Part she was terrified off. That's why she let Abby put the gloves on and why she was now sitting on them. She knew she would have fought back instinctively, she still might.
Abby wrapped the e-gills around her sister's neck, then stretched two thin conduits that led to the tubular ... thing in the middle.

"Ready?" Abby asked.

Gabby wanted to shout no, but she just swallowed one last time and nodded her head, and opened her mouth.
Abby knew this was not going to be easy, she sat behind her sister and wrapped around her torso and arms with her legs, making sure she could not release her hands. "Breath in!" she told her sister and when she did she pushed the breather into her mouth and after some struggle into her twin's throat. Gabby started fighting back, flopping like a fish. Her chest was pulsing, trying to draw breath that was completely blocked.

Abby grabbed the plugs and shoved them into her sister's nose with one hand while desperately holding her head with another. They had perfect profile and soon they lodged themselves into place. Gabbys face was wet from tears, she was desperately trying to catch a breath.

So Abby pushed her into aquarium.

Gabby went in with a big splash that soaked Abby. She fought for a second and then finally, desperately opened her mouth under water ... and found she can breath again. She steadied her breath, swung her hands, flicked her legs.

Then let out a laugh!

Well under water it was more of a gargle. But still. The feeling of being able to breath under water was out of this world. The plugs in her nose were maddening. She constantly wanted to vomit from the slimy tube in her throat. Piping going from artificial gills inside her mouth through the corner of her mouth and behind her teeth were uncomfortable. But. She, could, breathe, under, water!

She was quite a good swimmer so she started dashing around the aquarium, artificial muscles in her gloves and tail adding her power and speed that was just intoxicating!

After several minutes of playing around she decided to surface and tell Abby how awesome it is!

Except as she did she found that she can't speak. What's more after few seconds she also couldn't breath! Panicking for a moment she quickly dove back under water and took few breaths. "Calm. Gabriella. Calm". She thought to herself, then tried to surface again. She discovered that as long as her neck is under water and gills are wet she can breath, but not speak.

"The fairy tales are true - mermaids really can't speak!" she thought to herself and chuckled. Even though chuckle came out as a strange growl. She tried to make some sounds and she found she could make sounds of different tones. She could make a melody! She chuckled again. She was a mermaid of the legends!

"Having fun?!" Abby showed up finally over the edge of aquarium.
Gabby could only nod, she did let out a joyful sound resembling dolphin's laughter.
"Glad to hear! I was monitoring your vitals, besides horrific jump in a heart rate at the very beginning you're all good! Go! Have fun!" she pushed her sister back inside the aquarium and went back to the computers.

She didn't want to worry her sister. But there was a problem...


"Thank you Gabby. You were right as always. Thank you for taking the plunge" Abigail was thinking while breathing deeply and trying to calm herself down. The loop in the stepper driver was off by one. Seemingly nothing. But here it could have disastrous consequences. If she didn't catch it in time.

Thanks to Gabby it was she and not her sister at the console. Luckily for them both.

So when Gabby surfaced again she found her smiling sister who reassured her again that there's no reason to worry. Instead she suggested they try to traverse the whole aquarium back and forth. And they did. In every chamber Gabby would swim to the glass and place her webbed hand on the glass from one side, and Abby would place hers on the other, then run to another chamber trying to reach it before her sister did.

Fish swimming around her sister. Her long gorgeous dark red hair that floated beautifully in the water behind her. Amazing grace in which she swam. Scales of the tail glistening with all the colours of the anodized aluminium.

It was a sight to behold, and it was only hers!

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)