More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MidbossMan MidbossMan

Which Item of Power, feel free to add your own as there are an infinate number..

Cursed Cape of Avarice

Writings tell of a glorious, full-body cape, woven of an unidentifiable, shimmering material like gossamer and dyed royal purple, passed down as a treasure from civilization to civilization since the early days of mankind. The cape was always owned by those in positions of power-- those with wealth, status, and the reverence of the people. Those who possess this artifact inevitably rise to great heights, but always with catastrophic falls from grace, landing them in a position of shame and ridicule.

The cape's power is to grant the wearer whatever material possessions they desire, granting them bottomless wealth that allows them to rise to the upper echelons of society, seemingly at the cost of only a prayer to some higher power. The wealth is delivered by a secret, religious society. It's an extremely potent ability that has been known to last anywhere from one day to a full decade on a single wearer.

What the writings omit is critical, a secret guarded by those who crafted the garment: who exactly those prayers are being made to and the terrible cost of wearing the cape.

The Cursed Cape of Avarice was crafted by demon-worshipers and bears a link to one of the seven princes of hell, Mammon. It directly links the wearer as his . Once Mammon tires of watching the user amass riches and succeed, he will his into a game, during which they must follow his every command, typically sexual and/or humiliating in nature, such as degrading oneself in public for his amusement or servicing Mammon's sexual desires with their own body. If the does not follow the command, the cape burns away and grows shorter until it is fulfilled or unless Mammon, for whatever reason, chooses to withdraw the request.

Once the cape is fully burned away, the power vanishes, the link to Mammon is severed, and the wearer will lose all wealth that they owe to their reckless wishes, retaining only what they earned through their own effort. Then, the mantle regrows its cape and is moved to a new location by the followers of Mammon, to be discovered anew.

In short, the Cursed Cape is a deal with the devil!

It's the day of reckoning! Who's wearing the cape?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)