More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hobbyistnobody hobbyistnobody

Get some back story, or continue on?

Continue On

You pull yourself up, gazing around you. You're on some dirt path, the moon above you, bright and full, and your aches and bruises only remind you why you have to move now. Your brother beat you and humiliated you, threw you fro your home, but he made a mistake: he didn't kill you.

Now was the time to fulfill your orcish instincts. Every orc feels the need to be a leader, a ruler. It's why a true orc kingdom never lasted long; infighting of who lead always brought its downfall. Perhaps you'd be successful, however... or maybe your new tribe would only last long enough to destroy your old and get upon your brother.

That is a long time in the future, however. For now, you need to build your power. You need wives, soldiers, and somewhere to begin building. Where do you go now? What will your first conquest be? Well, your journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step.

First... where are you?

You've lived your entire life in your tribe, and while you know its territory like the back of your hand, you've never once been outside the territory. You know you're on a continent named Udura, you know its populated by many races, and that there's countless peoples and cities and towns to see (if the talk of your captives in the pens is believed), but you couldn't possibly know where to find any.

You snort and realize you won't learn anything standing here. You start off, the moon high above you and full, lighting your way easily through the dark, quiet countryside.

Many hours pass, and the moon is setting and the sky is beginning to brighten when you spot in the distance a small fire. Not from a settlement, you realize as you draw nearer. It appears to be a bandit attack. A large wagon, probably once belonging to the charred skeletons around it, lays on its side and is the source of flame. You see blood, signs of a great struggle, but no survivors. However, in the grass, miraculously spared from the flames, you see a piece of paper.

As you pick it up, it unfolds and you realize it's a map! You look it over and bless your luck; the thing is nothing short of exhaustive. You see capitals, cities, villages, even the marks of ranger camps in the wilds and the various territories of orcish tribs. You even see your own, and the sight fills you with grim determination.

You now know the lay of the land. Where will you go?

Your course of action is...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)