More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Cliffe Cliffe

List the stories below.

Chapter One

"It's like trying to breath through a wall." A strange, soft feminine voice echoes your thoughts. The stuffed, constricted feeling in your throat and lungs quickly became more and more apparent as your attention turned to the strange weight pressing on the left side of your body. That weight, in the moment that you noticed it, seemed to increase in how much it pushed on you until finally, it actually began to hurt!

Then you actually woke up.

Normally, you know how easy and wonderful it is to wake up from a nightmare, the horrifying glimpse of a world where you can't catch your breath is something you have seen before, but this time...it doesn't go away. Blinding white light fills your field of vision and the slowly dwindling sound of a whistle going on and on is all you can hear. Your journey back to the land of the conscious is not one of relief, because both the pressure on your side, and the lack of air in your lungs don't seem to go away!

Yet, as your vision and hearing begin to clear, you immediately begin to wish you hadn't woken. All around you, the sound and glow of harsh, crackling fire reflects off of shiny metal plating only to shine on other large pieces of metal. A thick layer of black smoke clings to the metal and plexiglass ceiling, covering a large amount of steel beams connected from one wall to the other. Except for one large beam that appears to have snapped off and then abruptly fallen on top of you.

A soft whimper forces it's way out of your lips as you try to move your left arm and promptly the metal beam to dig even further into the shoulder it's landed on. If you're ridiculously lucky it might just be a bad bruise. As you instinctively try to flinch away, the beam twitches slightly, moving with you ever so slightly.

"Wha...what?!" You exhale weakly as more and more smoke fills the room and quickly glance about. Your eyes flick about, glaring through the smoke to find something...anything. You pick out a couple red glass cabinets off to your left that might have something in them and a bunch of empty shelves next to them with broken red glass scattered the ground around it. On your right, standing against the wall, are a couple large empty containers with glass covers that were both left open but also broken at some point. A single, cracked black screen is slotted into the wall next to it with wires hanging out from the many broken and open metal panels throughout the room. At the bottom of one of the large glass container is a hidden opening that was left open and askew, but you cannot see anything in it.

A quick look behind you uncovers a closed, gray, metal door, with more smoke seeping through a large crack in the bottom of it. You quickly go ahead and write that off as an option, until you see the large wrench lying on the ground in front of it. Directly across from that, a large mound of dirt has poured through the shattered remains of a thick, seemingly once-armored glass window with soft little plumes of smoke escaping through the top of the hole. Little vines lay over the dirt, and part of the metal floor as you place a hand against the steel beam over your left side and inhale as much as you can, resisting the urge to cough the smoke back out. You don't think you can pick apart the room before the lack of oxygen takes you but if you're quick maybe you can check one or two things.

(((Remember to comment on the chapter to tell me what you guys wanna do. I'm gonna write the chapter according to the choices you guys make and the things you say.)))

You need to get out of here! What do you want to do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)