More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by CamBlay CamBlay

Which story do you want to read?

Caught in a Flood With the Captain of the Cheerleading Squad

"Oh Godddd," whined Heather. "We're gonna die!" Zack and Gavin looked at each other, their grim expressions expressing similar sentiment as they cowered under a tree, the storm churning around the little island on which they were stranded. Gavin slumped down, his back to the trunk and his face more than a little scared, wishing he had stayed back at the cabin, safe and comfortable playing on his phone.

"This is what happens," he thought to himself. "This is what happens when you go outside. Damn you Heather!"

Zack wished he could curse Heather, but truthfully the change from overcast to Genesis flood narrative had happened faster than any of them could have predicted. Silver Lake had been calm and still below them as they glided over it's surface, two nerds and one teasing temptress on their way to explore the island.

Their plan had been set the day before. Heather, in a teasing ironic way, seemed to have taken the two boys under her wing on the trip, and so refused to take no for an answer when she invited them to explore one of Silver Lake's many islands with her as their whole group lounged in the living room that evening. Zack had agreed fairly readily, only concern at leaving Chloe behind giving him pause for thought, but after assurances from her that she'd be fine he soon caved. Gavin had been a tougher nut to crack, but under combined pressure from everyone had reluctantly acquiesed to putting his phone down and going on what Heather called "an adventure."

"Some adventure," Gavin grumbled internally, the canopy of the tree not entirely shielding them from the rain that lashed down. The lake was a roiling mass, tossing and turning like an energetic child's bathwater; the boat that had carried them there had long since drifted off, those crashing waves reaching up the shore and snatching it away, the three of them yelling in dismay as they watched helplessly from the shelter they had sought before securing their boat.

Heather quivered with equal parts frustration and fear. The daughter of Robert Ravers was used to things going her way, and it was no stretch to say that things were NOT going her way. She was angry, not so much because she felt she or the boys had done anything wrong, but because it was all she felt she could be or do at that moment.

"Heather," Zack said tentatively. "The canopy's thicker closer to the trunk, you'll get less wet." She was out by the edge, the leaves above her more spread out, allowing the torrential rain to slip through the cracks and drench her. Zack blanched as she shot him an unneccessarily murderous look, but did as he suggested, turning and leaning moodily against the trunk.

"What an inane suggestion," she thought to herself. "All three of us are soaking as is, less wet is the difference between standing under a waterfall and going for a swim."

Zack, unaware of her negative thoughts, took a position next to the tree as well, mimicking Heather's lean with a slightly less venomous attitude. The three of them stayed that way; Heather furiously cursing the weather, Gavin furiously cursing Heather, and Zack stood somewhat uncomfortably in the middle, somehow intensely aware of the negative energy surrounding him.

"It can't keep raining like this for long..." he said, trying to lighten the mood, but as the aura's of his companions blackened even further he decided perhaps silence was the best option.

Is he right about the weather?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)