More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by goodson goodson

Can we build up a picture of her hidden depths, both past and present?

Catching up with her brother

Sophie tapped on the table, her fingernails drumming against the metal top as she glanced at her watch. Shifting in her seat, she realized she hated waiting for anyone. Where is he? She wondered, glancing at her watch again as she wondered what was keeping her brother. Connor had called her out of the blue, had asked if they could get together for lunch today. I wonder what's up, Sophie wondered, her hand smoothing down the skirt of her light summer dress as a warm breeze whistled around the patio causing the other patrons to scramble to grab their menus, to cover their drinks. Why does he want to see me? She mused, her hand holding her skirt in place as the persistent wind tried to push it up her thigh.

"Sophie!" A voice called out, causing her to look up, a smile crossing her face as she sees her older brother waving to her, moving purposefully across the crowded patio towards her table. "It's good to see you! You look great!" He assured her as she stood up, the two siblings embracing tight.

"Thanks," Sophie smiles, obviously pleased by her brother's compliment. She'd never admitted it to anyone but she'd always had a bit of a crush on Connor, had fancied her older brother in ways that still brought a shameful blush to her cheeks. "You look good too," she assured her, trying not to think about how good he looked to her. "So what's up?" She asked as Connor took the seat opposite her.

"Nothing. I was thinking about you today and wanted to see you," her brother shrugged with a smile. "I'm glad you could make it. How's the family?"

"Gone to Windsor," Sophie tells him. "The girls wanted to do some shopping and their dad agreed to take them. I think he realized I needed some time alone," she laughs as the waiter suddenly appears beside their table, politely waiting for the drink order. Sophie is surprised when her brother orders a beer, thinking that it's a bit early in the day, but finds herself following suit and ordering a glass of wine. They are soon chatting away, talking about anything and everything as they sip their drinks, quickly finishing the first round, a second round appearing on the table almost before either one of them had realized their glass was empty.

As she sipped at her second glass of wine, Sophie found herself looking at her brother, seeing him once more as a man, a rather desirable man who just so happened to be related to her. Her conversation became friendlier, flirtier as she sipped at the wine, finishing her second glass before their lunch even arrived. Why hadn't she ever acted on her fantasies, her desire for him? Was it what she really wanted or was it the talking? Maybe she should make a move, see how he reacts?

Connor noticed the change in his sister, seeing how the wine was effecting her, how she was looking at him, and it brought a smile to his face. He'd always known that Sophie fancied him, not that she'd ever admit it nor done anything that might have shown her interest, but he'd known. And sometimes he'd wonder what would happen if he instigated something, if he'd made the first move. That was why he'd called her today, why he'd invited her out to lunch. After all these years he was determined to see if he was right, if his sister was interested in him as more than a brother. Now he just had to figure out how to make the first move.

Who makes the first move?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)