More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Myds6 Myds6

Who will we join on their adventure?

CBS, the Cosplay Beauty Society

CBS--The Cosplay Beauty Society. The Cosplay Beauty Society is a new, and unknown alliance between three legendarily catty cosplayers. Each of the three is an influential cosplayer in her own right, with lots of social media followers. The three had always attended conventions together, famously mocking and harassing other cosplayers over costume construction, but also bullying them over body type and shape, gender and ethnic disparity from the character being protrayed, and other behavior that somehow managed to stay far enough from the Code of Conduct violations that they were able to continue attending. More than a few cosplayers hung up their glue guns over the treatment from these three.

Unbeknownst to the cosplay community, the three of them banded together to form a club called the "Cosplay Beauty Society" or CBS. Its goal was to systematically find, interview, and humiliate cosplayers that didn't meet the group's specific standards. SAX was to be their debut.

Blair Turner (ThemiscAmazon) was the leader of the group, if it had one. Tall, lean, and athletic, Blair's most common cosplay was Wonder Woman, and she was proud of how much she resembled the Amazon from the screen as well as the ink. She had also done a number of fighting characters, where her height and athleticism fit the characters well. Her role in CBS was to be the face of the interaction. She'd carry around a microphone and interview other cosplayers, while Addie filmed the interview, setting them up for the planned mockery.

Adriana (Addie) Arias (AddieZorL) was quieter than the other two, but no less vicious. In fact, as conceited as Blair and Marisa were about their bodies, Addie was even more so, if that was possible. There were few things she loved more than putting her lessers in their place. She often, but not always, dressed as powergirl. It was easy to pull the blonde wig over her dark hair, but what she really enjoyed was the cleavage of the costume and how much admiration it got her from members of both sexes, even if most of the attendees were mouth-breathing perverts she'd never give the time of day. In CBS, her role was to carry the videocamera. CBS had a fairly professional-looking kit, that one might confuse with a legitimate press outlet. Addie didn't love lugging the larger-than-normal camera around, but it was worth it to capture the takedown of her lessers.

Marisa Conti (JsLittleHelper) was the most talkative one of the group. A natural jokester (and not always funny), she had been drawn to the character of Harley Quinn from an early age. She also had a superiority complex and a temper, so gods have mercy on any other cosplayer that showed up to the same event as Harley. She was so committed to the character, that she had her hair dyed red on one side and black on the other all of the time. A bit on the short side, she was curvier than the others, but by no means fat. However, she used to arrive at the event and suit up with the other girls. But since halfway through her first year of college, she had been arriving fully costumed. No one had really noticed the behavioral change, to her relief. Her role in CBS was to heap on the humiliation, the way Harley might.

Blair and Adrianna, having arrived earlier, were in their suite putting the finishing touches on their costumes. They lived perfectly nearby, but such cosplay princesses wouln't bat an eyelash at renting a luxury suite to hold their costumes and give them privacy when changing. "Where's Mari? She's late again." Addie groaned. "Yeah, not the punctual little bitch she used to be, huh?" Blair laughed. A few minutes went by of fixing makeup and making sure accessories were secure before a familiar beeping sound was heard. "She's here," Blair said, looking at her text before hitting the "call" button.

Addie could hear Marisa's voice loud over the phone, even though it wasn't set to speaker. "I'm HEEEEEREEE, bitches! Let's do this!" "We're almost ready," Blair said, "meet you in the lobby in five. Did you bring the props we talked about?" "Did I? Who do you think you're talking to? Managed to fit a bunch in this 'present.' We'll be able to do more than a few, um, interviews." "Good. See you in the lobby."

"Let's roll," Blair said, checking her makeup one last time. "Why do you think she's always late now?" Addie asked, as they stepped into the elevator. "No idea. At least she's suited up and ready to go." "Yeah," Addie nodded, unenthusiastically.

The three met in the lobby without all the hugging and mutual support that used to characterize such starts of cons. Blair had her microphone. Addie had the camera. Marisa was carrying a large but rather light-looking package giftwrapped as a present. Blair smiled. "Good, we're all here, with what we need. I hope everyone also remembered scissors, you never know when a costume might need, 'improvement.'" The three engaged in a rather sinister chuckle for a moment as they looked each other over.

"Hmmm, you're showing a little less skin today, Mari," Addie noted. "And why aren't you wearing your blue contacts today?" Marisa replied. "Well, my eyes are itchy from allergies, so I just decided--" "Remember," Blair chimed in, "you can't be this beautiful without some suffering. Go back and get them." Addie looked down at the floor. "I, um, forgot them." Blair nodded disapprovingly, and they made their way to the con floor.

There, they ignored compliments from those who hadn't met them. They ignored those who HAD met them scurrying away out fo their sight. They were predators on the hunt, just trying to find the right prey. Some fabric that looked a little too chinsy. Some shoes that didn't match the costume. Or, best of all, a chubby girl playing a skinny character. No matter who they found, they would be merciless.

WHO IS THEIR FIRST VICTIM?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)