More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LizardGod LizardGod

So Who Are You

Bill Driver, 25

You had taken up Urban Exploring mostly to try and get away, first to get away from your job, then to get away from our shrill harpy of a girlfriend and finally to get away from the mess that had become your break up with her.

You never had a whole lot of luck with women, it was easy enough to get dates sure, but you always seemed to be able to pick the girl who would turn into a jealous monster the second you looked sidelong at another woman.

You had found out about the old fun house completely by accident. A yellowing flyer on a bus stop had sent you wandering down back roads to finally find the chained off hulk. A quick walk of the perimeter had told you there was no security on the place aside from the fence, a fence which had been undermined on one side by a babbling brooke. The doors, cheap and nasty even when new, had become nothing more than sawdust held together by paint so it was easy to slide inside.

The place had once been a fun house cum ghost train although most everything of value had been stripped out of the place long ago. The few props that remained had either crumbled to dust or, in the case of one headless plastic skelton, been converted to the home of some small animal.

Of course none of that stuff was why you had come. No you had come for just one thing, the flyer had said the place had a Mirror Maze. If you are lucky then the mirrors might still be intact. The idea of being able to explore a maze like that got your heart racing as you wandered through the musty halls.

The maze, when you finally found it, somehow didn’t live up to your expectations. The mirrors themselves had been left behind but some unsuperstitious vandal had taken a sledgehammer to most all of them.

All that was left was a ocean made of glittering shards jagged cliffs jutting up from the blackened carpet. In a way the place was actually quite beautiful to look at although you do have to be very careful as you move towards the three mirrors that have managed to remain intact.

You find them in the center of the room, three floor length mirrors that have somehow survived. You walk around the outside of the three of them, as you watch your reflection warp and double as you move for a second you are sure your reflection moved after you did.

Having looked around enough you finally step in between the three mirrors and….

Suddenly, you find yourself standing under a tree. Sunlights shines down through the gently swaying branches of the tree and you can make out what seem to be the sounds of a city.

A second ago you were standing in a dingy run down building and now you are standing under a pair of trees in what looks like a public park on a sunny day.

....what?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)