More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by amon_Baal amon_Baal

Who do you wish to follow?

Bethany Bartype, the busty bookworm?

Bethany was in the Library when the chaos began, she had her head buried in ‘Morganstein’s Book of Enchantments’ slowly mouthing the words as she brushed her red hair back behind her ear. People used to tell her she was so lucky to be so smart, but as she got older people started to notice how hard she worked. She was three quarters through the section when the lights flickered out. She frowned as she reached for her wand, but then, as quickly as they had extinguished, they re-lit themselves. She sat up and adjusted the glasses upon her nose as she looked around the library, she couldn’t see anyone else but supposed that someone was playing a prank.

“Hello.” She called. The lights vanished again, before they were replaced by the flickering of the struggling enchantments. “This isn’t funny.” She called again. Bethany stood taking another look around in the flickering darkness, picking up her wand she stepped out into the long hallway between the rows of shelves.

She waited several moments, just standing there in the flickering light, but quickly she bored of the game. Shaking her head she raised her wand “You know you can’t beat me at these magic games.” She called out, “But if you want to try.” She focused her mind and took a breath, “Jori-ath.” She cried the word for light while giving her wand a flick. There was a loud snap as her wand ignited in light and a strong shock ran up her hand. “Ow!” she exclaimed as she released her grip on the wand, it had not even hit the floor when the light of her wand went out and she was once again surrounded by the flickering darkness.

“Shit.” She shook her hand as the numbness faded, “What the hell?” She tested her fingers of her hand one by one flexing them to make sure they still functioned. “Alright, this isn’t funny. That really hurt.” She stooped down and started groping for her wand.

As she was kneeling feeling around and feebly peering into the darkness she heard a noise, at first she thought it was the quiet meow of a cat in the distance, but as her mind worked on it she realised it was actually the screech of metal on metal as an old gate was pulled open. But this was the library there weren’t any gates around here except…

Bethany jumped to her feet exclaiming, “Shit, the restricted section.” Before running in the direction of the cage down the dark passageways between the bookshelves.

The restricted section was just that, a section of reference materials which only the most accomplished of mages were allowed to access. It was protected by a powerful enchantment, which if anyone tried to break would set off mystical alarms across half the globe. But no alarms were sounding.

Bethany jogged down the passageway towards the cage thankful no one could see her in the darkness. Beth always felt uncomfortable running or jumping, the boys and sometimes teachers, would stare at her breasts as she ran watching them bounce.

It didn’t take long for Beth to reach the cage, she could tell she was approaching even through the flickering darkness as there was a steady rise as you approached the central area of the Library where the cage was kept.

Slowing down she looked about and subconsciously reached for her wand before remembering she had left it behind. “Shit.” She said allowed before quietly chastising herself for not being quiet.

Who or what is trying to get into the cage?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)