More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Marcus Dark Marcus Dark

What Kind of Information Are You Looking For?

Bestiary [First Edition]

The Klyst -

Author Trivia: The Klyst First Made It's Debut In Ducky's Story "Ballad of The Beasts" In My Anton Sever Branch.

Description:

The Klyst is a Solitary Ursine Creature Similar to a bear but around twice the size with six powerful legs. Extremely powerful, A single swipe from one of it's huge paws can destroy a Giga Cedar.

The pelt of The Klyst is often worn by Knights under their armor as a better more lightweight and effective alternative to traditional padding and as an additional layer of protection as The Klyst's skin is notoriously difficult to puncture by sword, arrow, or spear and is inherently resistant to many forms of magic. Klyst pelts also make excellent garments as clothing made from them can insulate against the cold preserving body heat at extremely low temperatures and can shed water without getting wet.

Habitat:

The Klyst prefers highly elevated mountainous terrain or secluded forests rich in prey.

Danger Assessment: High


Rycox -

Description:

The Rycox is an ancient survivor of prehistory and similar to a modern deer but with several very important differences. Firstly, They are carnivorous not to mention that the male is seven feet tall with two sets of poison-tipped antlers (each set with a combined nine foot span), bone-crushing jaws, razor-sharp metal hooves, extremely keen senses of hearing and smell. While not as plentiful as they once were in the more primitive times in Earth's history they can still be found in herds numbering hundreds of members and the smaller females are much favored by hunters because just one can yield upwards of 1900 pounds of meat. A herd of Rycox consists of 3 males (usually brothers) and around a hundred or more females. It is not wise to attack either the offspring or a male in the herd because then the entire herd will attack. However, Attack one of the females provided she isn't pregnant and the herd will scatter.

The Antlers of The Rycox yield numerous medicines when prepared properly and the poison of the males is popular among archers and assassins.

Habitat:

The Rycox lives predominantly in the forests near rivers and streams but can also be found in the high fells and on the plains.

Danger Assessment: High


Ungscal -

Description:

The Ungscal is type of Two-Headed Hermaphroditic Avian species with a eagle-like body on crane-like legs, enormous razor sharp beaks with an upward hook and is large enough when fully grown to pack off a mature male Rycox with ease. The Ungscal is said to be the cousin of the Mythical Roc, An enormous bird of prey said to grow so large that fully grown it's wings could blot out the sun casting an ominous shadow of upon everything below it.

Experienced Apothecaries use the shell of The Ungscal's eggs ground to powder and mixed with a series of herbs to create a variety of Aphrodisiacs that is highly effective on both Men and Women.

The Ungscal use their feet and razor sharp talons as weapons. Their enormously powerful crane-like legs are covered in stiff, Keratinous barbed Quills, resembling those of the porcupine and they contain the toxic equivalent of 20 scorpion stings. Adults have a featherless red-orange face with pale brown irises and a blue-grey Cere. The Ungscal also has three rat-like prehensile tails twice the length of it's body.

The Ungscal have a long train of mostly iridescent metallic red, blue and green feathers marked with ominous eyespots used to warn and signal. The Ungscal's unusual call sounds like a combination of birds screeching and Women moaning.

Habitat:

The Ungscal nests on the high cliffs where few predators can reach.

Danger Assessment: High


The Servad -

Description:

The Servad is a six-legged catlike predator the size of a large hunting dog and is widely considered to be the fastest animal on land. It is capable of running at speeds of 133 mph, leaping enormous distances, and has the equivalent of six one foot long retractable razors on each foot. The Servad's pelt is popular in the creation of undergarments.

Habitat:

The Servad prefers steep difficult to reach mountainous terrain but as a nomadic mountain predator The Servad travels long distances in search of prey and often attacks from cover or from the branches of tall trees.

Danger Assessment: High


The Shreevok -

Description:

The Shreevok is a type of bulky, massively built Suid with short and relatively thin legs. The trunk is short and robust, while the hindquarters are comparatively underdeveloped. The region behind the shoulder blades rises into a hump and the neck is short and thick to the point of being nearly immobile. The animal's head is very large, taking up to one-third of the body's entire length. The structure of the head is well suited for digging. The head acts as a plough, while the powerful neck muscles allow the animal to upturn considerable amounts of soil, enormous boulders, and even trees.

Sexual Dimorphism is very pronounced in The Shreevok, with males being typically 5–10% larger and 20–30% heavier than females. Adult size and weight is largely determined by environmental factors; Shreevok living in Ushye are the largest while those in Estara and Atmor are smaller. Those found in Zarima are only slightly smaller than those found in their native Ushye.

The Shreevok has four slit-like eyes that are small and deep-set with ears that are long and broad. The Males have matted dark brown fur underlaid with long, coarse bristles and can have black stripes, silver spots, or both, and a thick mane of black fur running down its back, which is particularly apparent during autumn and winter. The Males also have three rows of long backward curving bone spikes down its back, huge inward curving tusks protruding from under its eyes to several inches in front of its bright red snout, Three jagged horns on it's head, two flat triangular shaped bone spikes protruding from behind each jaw. The species has well developed lower canine teeth measuring nine inches, which protrude from the mouth and curve backwards. The Shreevok have extremely hard skulls and magic resistant skin. The Males can weigh up to 5 ton and run upwards of 75 to 80 mph.

The upper canines are relatively short and grow sideways early in life, though they gradually curve upwards. In the breeding period, Males develop a dense layer of subcutaneous tissue extending from the shoulder blades to the rump, thus protecting vital organs during fights.

The best way to bring down this ferocious beast is with the use of magic-enhanced arrows and spears from long range. The use of magic directly is not advisable because of their strong anti-magic defenses which while making them resistant to most high level magic, anything less will be inverted, amplified, and redirected back at the castor at many times the spells original attack speed.

Because of their natural immunity to several venomous animal species and certain botanical, fungal and bacterial toxins their blood is used to develop antidotes.

Habitat:

The Shreevok is native to the mountainous areas and Glens of Ushye but have spread to Estara, Atmor and Zarima repectively.

Danger Assessment: High

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)