More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Dr. West Dr. West

The Slayer

Awakening

Halloween night, 2022.

Tonight, the slayer will awaken to her desinty... but will she be ready?

Harper leaned over the countertop with a sullen expression, her bagged eyes glancing over the costumed patrons lining up in front of her.

"Welcome to big bang bu-yawn-burger. How may i take your order?" She asked a man guised in a subpar chucky costume, who proceeded to gargle his order with a drunken slur.

'Quarter pounder and chips,' she thought, 'well aren't we daring tonight?'

The night went on as every other night did, more or less, the only difference being her coworker's halloween tradition of showing the new hires Harper's special "skill".

"Hey Harper," one of them announced when there was a lull in the queue, "do the thing."

After rolling her eyes, because she really was quite sick of this, she inevitably conceded out of bordom and did as she was told. Leaning off the counter, she directed her finger to the costumed patron furthest to the right of the joint and began to list who every single person inside had gone as for halloween.

"Tall man, phantasm. Gabriel, malignant. The director, one cut of the dead. Elaine, love witch. Farley, Freaky Farley. The voodoo priest, boxer's omen."

The list went on, regardless of how obscure the inspiration for each costume was. That was her big talent... an unparalleled assimilation of horror films.

"Thats awesome," he replied, then leaned in to whisper to the new hires, but she overheard him all the same. "But her real talent is if you catch her alone in the bathroom. They dont call her glory hole Harper for nothing."

There was some pathetic laughter after that, only some of it nervous. She pretended not to hear. God, she hated this place.

Only two more hours of her shift left to go...

The hours go by

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)