More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Caelum83 Caelum83

What happens when they enter the Womb?

Attacked!

When the women came inside the Womb, they saw hundreds of men crowding the place in worship of what was indeed looking like a black egg deeper inside the womb, stuck in the ceiling. "Right, try to be stealthy and check out if they got any defences in place." Faye said, but before she was finished, she saw Siris' huge warhammer swing up in front of her, hitting a similarly sized broadsword just above her. "I think we have been made, Faye." Siris smiled as she breathed heavily while blocking the heavy weapon aimed at Faye. Faye quickly drew her weapons and at the same time looked at who the wielder of the blade was.

She looked straight at a huge, armorclad man smiling down at her, saying "Hehehe, I seem to have found myself a couple of bunnies!". Faye smiled devilishly and replied "Yeah, a couple of bunnies from hellโ€ฆ" and launched a power attack at the head of the man, which he parried easily, making Faye frown. "Ha, that all you got?" the man grunted. But then Faye smiled slyly and to the surprise of the man performed a combo of technical attacks with both sword and shield, hitting a few key junctions in the man's armor and bringing him to a knee.

"Impressive." the man grunted, "But far from enough to finish me. Your only feat was bringing me to a knee.". Even now, Faye had to look up at him, but she already smiled as if she was the victor, smirking "That is more than enough.". The next moment Faye ducked as from behind her the huge and catastrophically destructive face of Siris's warhammer flew straight at the man's head. Faye only saw a second of the man's look turning from laughter to surprise before his helmed head was bashed clean off his body. Faye protected herself from the blood spray with her shield, but when she put that down, she looked right at the bloodspattered face of Siris, revelling in the moment. "Glorious! This is why I woke up this morning!" Siris said, smiling dark and widely.

Even Faye found Siris' bloodlust eerie every time it surfaced, but quickly told everyone to get ready as she noticed the rumor in the hall. Obviously their little bout didn't went down silently and now they heard a man with a loud and commanding voice shout "Don't falter, my bretheren! Keep on chanting! We have almost completed the ritual! Carry on and let Maigoth smite down our enemies!". Most of the chanters that stopped to see what was happening, returned to chanting, while from multiple sides more heavily armored men came running towards the entrance of the Womb. All the valkyrie had meanwhile drawn their weapons and made a defensive stance towards the incoming wave of enemies.

Kris ducked away and slipped into the shadows, while Jenna climbed onto higher ground and started to give information which Faye turned into orders. Before the enemy arrived, Jenna already had put some arrows in between joints of some enemy armor, slowing them down or incapacitating them. Then the other women charged into combat, with the twins working together on one enemy, Siris and Jess working on stragglers and crowd control, Jenna calling out patterns and changes in enemy attacks, Lind taking on the 2 biggest ones alone, at least that is what the enemy thought as Kris was supporting mostly Lind out of notice of the two enemies using her speed, agility and precision, in the meanwhile supporting the others with long range poison darts.

After most of the armored enemies were dealt with, Faye gave the other to disperse the chanters without deadly , but that didn't stop their chanting. Fearing something unnatural will occur if these people succeed, Faith gave the order to use deadly ways to dissuade the Followers from their course, which was met with confusion until they saw the seriousness and anxiety on Faye's face. Never having seen that emotion from Faye to this extend, the valkyrie reluctantly started to use excessive to knock out or even finish off those that kept on chanting.

Can they stop whatever the Followers are trying to achieve?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)