More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Tetsubukai Tetsubukai

What does Grey look like?

An absolute unit of a man.

Grey could easily be mistaken for a measure of wall if his whole body were painted in the same color as whatever he was standing in front of. He stands at over 6 and a half feet tall, although he rarely stands at his full height anymore. He has been beaten down verbally by every woman who had the displeasure of having his company at night, as well as losing nearly every professional fight that he's gotten himself into. Many believed that he would be a strong competitor due to his impressive record of having won several fights in bars and alleyways, or so he claims. Living such a difficult life has left him with a slight hunch in his back.

I have often heard that his strategy in the company of a lady was very similar to how he fights, trying to simply his way through his opponents in whatever encounter he managed to stumble his way into. He was never really able to wear plate armor due to his size. When he was able to convince a Lord or Lady into letting him fight in their name, he often asked them to special order him plate from the village blacksmith.

On his hip I could see his flask, probably empty due to it having been nearly a week since we left the last town we passed. I couldn't see his mace, but knew that it was most likely on his other side, as he never kept it more than a foot away from him. A superstitious sort, he always laughed off the difference in the strength of his body and the strength of his mind, calling it 'the gods way of compensating'. When I first met him, he was in the middle of losing all the coin he had to a common street hustler. He gives most people the benefit of the doubt, for good or ill, and it has left him with empty pockets more than once.

"You're not trying to check out my ass, are you boss?" the human rock laughed. "I should certainly hope that you're not. I've rarely turned down a sexual favor, but you are certainly not the type of person that I would lust after."

"The sharpness of your wit is matched only by how dull your sense of smell is Grey. I do apologize for the way that I snapped at you though. You know how I can be after one of my dreams." I sighed, lamenting at the thought of driving off the only company I have on such a long journey. Nightmares have plagued me since a young age, and when I don't have one at night, I've come to realize that it means something bad will happen during the day. It may be something akin to stubbing my toe on a table, or it may be something so bad that I have new subject matter for my nightmares.

Does he hold it against me?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)