More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Tetsubukai Tetsubukai

Does he hold it against me?

He certainly does not.

"You should know enough about me by now to realize that slight insults like that have little effect on me boss. Besides, I think we both know who the insect is between the two of us. Nightmares have a way of putting people in a bad mood, I can't imagine that having one each night makes it any easier." Grey remarked as he stood up and checked the fire pit.

While I was loathe to admit it, he had a point about the difference in our statures. While Grey was a staggering 6 feet and eight inches, I was only about 6 feet with about an inch and a half to spare. Taller than about half folk that I've met, but there are definitely people that are taller than me and even a few that Grey himself is literally to look up to.

"Yes Grey you are certainly taller than me. Oh, how my feelings have been destroyed by the fact that I am not as tall as some people." I said, sarcasm dripping from my voice. "Are you ready to move on with our journey? The longer we delay, the longer it takes for us to be paid. And the longer it takes for us to get our pay, the longer you have to go without another drink."

"Yeah, no need to remind me about that. I actually got my gear packed up a few minutes ago. Not sure why I woke up so early, but y'know how it is. Just waiting for you to pack up." he said as he moved to a far off tree to relieve himself. I still felt rather groggy from waking up so suddenly, but stood to begin rolling up my sleeping mat. I heard a yelp off to my right. I looked to Grey, and it seemed like he hadn't heard anything.

"Hey Grey! I heard something over here and I'm gonna check it out. Get over here as soon as you finish up, alright?" I hollered across the clearing to my partner and he seemed to nod in understanding. I move towards the woods in the general direction of the noise.

Who or what made that noise?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)