More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by VeryBigGuy VeryBigGuy

The Plan, the Party, and the Patsies

An Impure Heart

Kaitlyn Hughes was bored. She barely knew her grandmother, let alone whoever this guy whose birthday she was supposedly celebrating. She thought she recalled seeing some guy hanging out with the hags who lived here but didn't give a second thought about it ever again. "This is so lame," she muttered to herself, her boredom being too much to hide. Why she was even here in the first place was completely beyond her, neither she nor her parents gave a shit about Imelda, hogging all that money to herself. Katie could have gotten a Ferrari or something when she turned 16 if her grandmother wasn't still clinging to life... "Old fossil."

Kaitlyn was only still in school because apparently her grandmother had told her parents that she would write Kaitlyn out of the will if she dropped out, but even then it wasn't necessary. Since she turned 18 a few months ago, she started an Onlyfans and had practically been set up for life. She had most of the money she'd ever need just posting suggestive pictures of herself and collecting lazy money from horny idiots. That's all it took for someone as attractive as she was, your standard bombshell. All she had to was strip to her underwear, show off her tits, get into a doggy position or something, and all of the cash she needed would just come through, she didn't even have to show off her face. As far as everyone else knew, she was just any other student. The only "work" she ever did was squats at the gym.

'Maybe I'll just tear this place down when I own it,' She thought to herself with a smirk. That's how she'll keep herself entertained, spite. Spite... and her phone. Kaitlyn opened Tinder and began swiping left. No one worth her time had shown up yet.

On the other hand, Imelda Caligari had been paying complete attention to Kaitlyn. She was looking for a reason her granddaughter deserved to live, but couldn't find one. Her granddaughter was rotten to the core. 'Not unlike I am,' she chuckled to herself. Deciding now was the time to begin, before Shane arrived, Imelda hobbled over to Kaitlyn with an exaggerated elderly exhaustion. "Katie, dear," Imelda began, grabbing her granddaughter's attention, "There's something I want to talk to you about privately. Can you help me to my room?"

Kaitlyn rolled her eyes, she had never liked being called Katie, but it was too much effort to correct this old hag who probably wouldn't remember even if she told her. "Sure, Gran!" she said with the most fake bubbly granddaughter energy she could muster, and together they arrived in Imelda's room. Imelda was a wealthy woman and this was her building. She had a spacious, private suite lined with pictures of her family and various adventures, some very old, likely valuable paintings and fixtures, as well as an expensive television. Along the far wall across from the television was a Queen-sized bed. Imelda couldn't move very well anymore, no need to take up space with a "big-old" king. Beside the bed was a rolling nightstand that allowed a small desk to form over the bed so that Imelda could get administrative work done without leaving the bed, or simply enjoy her meal sitting up.

Imelda moved toward her nightstand, unlocking the top drawer with a key produced from her pocket, and withdrew a packet of paper. She sat down on the bed and pat the spot next to her, inviting Kaitlyn to sit down next to her.

"Katie, I know you and I don't know each other very well, and I'm very sorry about that. Your mother and I once had a very heated falling out that we never recovered from. But I never stopped loving her, and I hope you can come to accept me in the last of my days even if she can't." The words seemed genuine, and almost moved Kaitlyn. "With that in mind, I wrote this will. I hope you don't see it as me buying your love." Imelda handed her granddaughter the will and a pen.

"It states that henceforth, Kaitlyn Hughes will be the bearer of all of my possessions. Even before I die. Something like a Trust but in this case you will own all of my assets as of signing." It was too good to be true. All of it? "Gran, I don't know what to say, I..."

"Don't say anything, just sign. We can talk after the party. Think of it as the last condition to become my heir," she added with a wink, and handed her granddaughter a pen. And as ink was put to paper, Imelda grinned from ear with her wrinkling skin and old crooked teeth. Kaitlyn practically jumped off of the bed in excitement. That was a lot of money coming her way. But just as she was about to help her grandmother off of the bed, "But one last thing, Katie." The lights in the room dimmed.

"What do you know about magic?"

She had taken the bait completely.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)