More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by feefoo42 feefoo42

What do you see looking back at you?

An Air Wisp (Author: feefoo42)

You see a faint and roughly humanoid outline hovering in mid-air.

Wisps are the second lowest form of elementals, just above mites. While not completely useless in combat, as an air elemental your main skills lie in scouting and foraging - skills that conveniently carry over into your favorite pastime, mischief-making. You spend your lives wandering far from this cave, where you respawn, occasionally harassing some of the weaker-looking adventurers, before inevitably biting off more than you can chew and winding up right back where you started.

You frown, trying to remember more, before suddenly realizing that you can't even remember how you remembered the first stuff, and deciding that that's probably going to be more useful in the long run. Squinting your currents, you concentrate on your abilities, trying to recall some more specifics about what you can do.

Suddenly, a new wall of text pops up before your eyes.

Level 4 Air Wisp
Elemental, Wisp, Explicit
Experience to level up – 400
Attributes
Strength 12 Dexterity 30 Endurance 14 Charisma 22 Manipulation 20 Appearance 10 Perception 25 Intelligence 27 Wits 24
Skill
Occult 18
Stealth 15
Dodge 15 (+10 while in combat)
Foraging 20
Feats
Gust - By manipulating the air currents that make up your own body, you can control wind within Occult feet.
Air Elemental - As a being of pure air, you are entirely immune to bludgeoning or earth attacks, and take greatly reduced damage from slashing and water attacks.
Natural Forager - You gain 50% more resources from foraging.
Agile - While in combat, your Dodge skill counts for +10 more.

With your brief and fairly anticlimactic identity crisis out the way, you make your way out of the cave and into the bright sunshine. You decide to start by putting that foraging skill to good use in the forest at the base of the mountain into which you cave is set - Mt. Imporne, your brain belatedly fills in - before starting to explore further afield.

Is your foraging session succesful?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)