More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Which character do you wish to follow?

An 'Original Character'

Let me start out by saying I was very tempted to add an 'AKA' to this thread of some ilk implying that the characters/writing in it would all be 'Mary-Sues' and/or badly written: but decided against it on one very specific grounds: I am not going to approve them if they are! Just because you want to write about your OC does not mean you get to ignore the submission guidelines for this story: 100 words minimum per thread, basic English spelling and grammar, etc, etc: which includes "No Mary-Sue or Garry-Stu OCs", as you should read when you look at the submission guidelines at the bottom of the area for writing your new thread.

One specific note about those requirements: There will be no Alicorn OCs accepted. Like with the main character of MLP: FiM Alicorn status must be EARNED through long and difficult training and character development, not taken right at character creation: if your pet OC is an Alicorn, especially if they were BORN as such, I strongly suggest you reconsider their backstory to show them 'earning' their wings and/or horn, even if that means that the first 20-30 threads of their story are 'non-erotic' because they happen when the character is still a filly or colt. Failing that I advise you to start your own MLP Story to write about them in: because they don't belong here.

On to new topics...

This is the place to file anything like: most 'Dragon' characters, 'Zebras' other than Zecora, 'Torchwolves', 'Timber Wolves', 'Changelings', 'Gryphons' except Gilda, and the vast majority of other non-pony characters. Those few which had officially named or generally accepted fan named appearances in the show before the end of the first 'Equestria Girls' movie are filed elsewhere, but those created by you, your friends, or any other fan, brony, or pegasister, are to be placed here.

Speaking of original authorship: if you want to write about an Original Character that you did not create I need you to contact the current 'Owner' of this story on the forums and provide proof that you have the creator's permission. While Hasborough makes it a policy to not hassle the fans for their derivative works as long as they are not making money off of them and include disclaimers that the MLP franchise and related characters remain Hasborough's property*, which was done on the top page of the story, fans are often much more litigious concerning their OCs and so forth, and I don't want to have either myself or CHYOA involved in any of that: so get permission, in writing, or use your own OCs. In the event that you or anyone else uses the name, likeness, cutie mark, or any other aspect of your OC without your permission, simply send the current owner of the story proof that this has happened and the threads in which they appear will be promptly redacted.
*(With the interesting exception of ANIMATED derivative works, which they seem to aggressively shut down for some reason, but which this fortunately is not...)

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

What is the name, race, and gender of the OC you wish to write/read about?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)