More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by lolhappy250 lolhappy250

Who do we follow in this world?

Alex, high school senior and prefect

Alex wasn't a student of particular note. Kinda stringy. Kinda plain. He was a dedicated student without much of a social life and on his last year of school. He'd proven time and time again to be a responsible student, perhaps a little over zealous even, but it made him a natural choice to be a prefect. He was basically just a glorified hall monitor but it came with some perks, even more so with the relatively recent changes in public safety... not that he ever took advantage of that fact. Not before anyways.

Just a few weeks earlier at the top of the month there was a scare. A student had brought a gun to school. As it turned out, it was a prop for a play. A toy in other words. On top of which the student was explicitly asked by a teacher if he could bring it to school. In spite of all that, word got around, and a minor tizzy was stirred up, that lasted almost half an afternoon and from then on Alex came to a decision.

From then on Alex was put into overdrive. If he seemed overzealous before it was nothing now, knowing, that he could've prevented such a big event that students joked about still a few weeks later. While his nitpicking about hall-running and gum chewing was annoying before, he was now viewed as a kind of tyrant. He quickly began exercising his full authority over any woman that stepped foot on school grounds that gave him even a hint of suspicion. It didn't help his already abysmal social life any though.

Neither did the fact he showed up to school head to toe in various tools to carry out his new responsibilities. The most obvious of which was body armour and enough chains from various restraints that you could hear him coming from across the school. When word got around he got a budget from the school to convert an abandoned classroom, too small to fit any classes, into a holding area though, was when Alex became a laughing stock. Most of the student body and even a few teachers scoffed behind his back. Word even spread to some parents that found his zeal amusing.

Alex didn't let it get to him though. He was working for the greater good and the safety of the school.

What does today's job look like for Alex

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)