More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ultimatedaywriter Ultimatedaywriter

What's next?

After Xion Adventure In Avatar The Last Air Bender

The sun was going dark at midday, and people were freaking out. Men in red and black armor pointed their hands forward, and flamethrowers blasted a group of young freedom fighters. I took a step and felt something drag with my step. A huge banner with a black flame on a red field clung to my foot. The smell of dog shit I had been ignoring made itself known and proved my brother shouldn’t own a dog.

I sighed while the battle raged on in front of me. The soldiers and the freedom fighters battled one another, and I remained unaffected. So really, it was fortunate I found the flag when I did. After lifting my foot, I used the banner to wipe the dogshit clean from my shoe and tossed it away.

My beard started to feel overly hot, so I stepped away from a falling bombardment. A massive tar-soaked mass of rock slammed hard where I had been. I saw where the Gang was going and took a step across the battlefield.

I was here because I needed to fill out a few spots in my summon cards. My name was Red, and I was a user of a system. I had an inventory, challenges almost like quests, and summons in the form of cards. First, of course, I needed to find and capture the people I wanted to summon. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to choose where the system sent me. There was a good chance I could have been sent to a Teenage Robot Life, Korra, or some of the less empowered worlds. I also didn’t choose which time I ended up.

From what I could tell, Korra and Avatar didn’t have the same timeline. Civilizations don’t go from ancient world to mecha in less than a century without being uplifted. So, I was confident I could do whatever I wanted to in Avatar and treat Korra like a brand-new world.

I followed the Gang quietly until someone threw a boomerang at me. There were numerous ways I could defend against the attack. I could deflect it with my hand, dodge, or deflect it with one of my hot-keyed weapons. I sidestepped back into place when I dodged to look like the boomerang phased through me.

“Who are you, and why do your eyes look funny?” A brown-skinned teenager with a ponytail said.

“I’m a dimensional traveler here to kidnap individuals and trap them in trading cards to either trade or use in various battles across the multiverse,” I said.

“Um, guys, he’s either telling the truth or believes he is.” Toph, the blind earthbender of their group, said.

Earth rose up around my foot when I moved, only to shatter on contact. My PL settled around 1000 after Xion, so a few rocks wouldn’t slow me down. My next step was in quicksand, which quickly hardened. A grin spread across my face.

“Impressive I had my doubts about capturing you, but you’ve changed my opinion,” I said and dialed up my speed a few notches.

“We don’t have time for this; we have to move quickly, Aang,” Katara said.

I pulled a card from my inventory and shot forward. Toph was the only one who reacted, but even as she turned the ground into quicksand, she was too slow. I placed my card against her head and watched her vanish. The rest of the Gang attacked with a black sword, water, and air to no effect.

“Sorry, but when you’re at my level, elemental attacks of that level are ineffective.” I backhanded Sokka, punted Aang into the wall, and placed another card on Katara’s head. The ebony-skinned girl’s ice blue eyes widened as her body turned to data and appeared on my card. The image of Katara appeared on the card, and I tossed it into my inventory. Two baseline humans with the power to manipulate the elements was a steal, but I wanted one more. Unfortunately, Sokka and Aang were out of commission; their chests still rose and fell, all the mercy I had for them.

There were many wonderful things about summon cards. Toph and Katara would always return to the physical age they were captured, and if they died, their cards could revive them for SP, an in-game currency. Everything was going well for once.

Challenge 5: Become the Firelord Time limit 1 week

Objective 1: Slay Current Firelord

Reward: 1 Red Pills

Objective 2: Subdue Nobles

Reward: 1 Blue Pills

Objective 3: Wed The Fire Lord’s Daughter

Reward: 1 Green Pills

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)