More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Enzzzym Enzzzym

What's next?

After 30 minutes of driving (Alice Story)

[Monday] [7:35 AM]

Alice adjusted the rearview mirror to examine her appearance. Running her fingers through her wavy bob, she ensured her blonde locks maintained their desired shape. Glancing at her reflection, she observed clear blue eyes surrounded by subtle makeup, highlighting their vibrancy. Content with her looks, she switched off the engine, preparing to attend her first university event—the orientation session.

Stepping out of her car, Alice emerged, taking a deep breath to compose herself before tackling the bustling campus. She noticed the sunny weather and decided to take advantage of the mild temperature. Strolling towards the gymnasium, she enjoyed the picturesque campus lined with mature trees swaying gently in the breeze.

Navigating the campus grounds, she consulted her map frequently, confirming directions to avoid appearing lost. Along the route, she encountered numerous students congregating in small groups, engaged in lively discussions.

[Monday] [8:08 AM]

Entering the venue, Alice was greeted by an intimidating expanse of seats and a diminutive stage crowded with fellow incoming freshmen. Overwhelmed by the sudden exposure, she opted to seek refuge along the periphery, selecting a chair near the back row. From this vantage point, she could observe her classmates undisturbed, analyzing their mannerisms and appearances.

As she waited for the program to begin, Alice busied herself with reviewing her guidebook, memorizing key facts and figures related to her chosen field of study. Every now and then, she cast sneaky glances towards nearby freshmen, registering expressions ranging from anxiety to excitement.

As Alice stared blankly at her guidebook, a tap on her shoulder interrupted her thoughts. Startled, she glanced up to find a concerned-looking student inquiring, "Excuse me, is this seat taken?"

Alice shook her head, indicating the empty chair beside her. "No, no, not at all. Feel free to sit here."

The brunette, introducing herself as Rachel, settled into the seat and struck up a conversation.

[Monday] [8:32 AM]

They exchanged pleasantries, discussing their respective majors and interests before falling silent as the program commenced. Professors and faculty members welcomed them with enthusiasm, introducing themselves and providing details regarding resources available on campus.

Rachel leaned towards Alice, rolling her eyes discreetly. "I bet you ten bucks we'll spend the entire afternoon learning about counseling services we'll never end up needing."

Suppressing a giggle, Alice murmured, "Deal. Although, I guess it's better to be informed just in case."

As predicted, discussions revolved around mental health support systems and advisory services designed to facilitate smooth transitions for newcomers. Despite initial restlessness, Alice admitted to herself that this valuable information provided comfort, easing her anxiety about embarking on this new phase of her educational journey.

[Monday] [9:42 AM]

However, midway through the presentation, unexplainable chaos erupted outside the gymnasium. Initially dismissed as isolated instances of rowdy teenagers, the magnitude of the situation amplified rapidly. Growing louder and more chaotic, piercing screeches interspersed with garbled voices shouting obscenities reverberated through the structure's walls.

Professors and faculty members attempted to maintain order, urging everyone to remain calm and seated. But their efforts were in vain as the situation outside the gymnasium deteriorated rapidly.

Alice watched in horror as a stream of terrified individuals rushed past the glass doors, abandoning their vehicles in the parking lot. She saw the sheer terror etched on their faces, realizing that something catastrophic was occurring.

Panic surged through the auditorium as attendees frantically questioned whether they ought to evacuate or seek shelter. Some attempted to flee prematurely, resulting in minor collisions. Meanwhile, others hunkered down in their seats, praying silently for resolution or divine intervention.

Amongst the confusion, a seasoned faculty member seized the microphone, urging caution and rationality. "Everyone, please remain seated. Our security team will assess the issue and update us accordingly."

His authoritative tone resonated, instigating a ripple effect of relative calmness percolating through the audience. Nonetheless, tension hummed palpably, visible via furrowed brows and clenched jaws.

Looking anxiously towards the entrance, Alice witnessed groups of terrified people rushing past the glass doors, hastily abandoning vehicles scattered about the parking lots. Rendered immobile by indecision, she cast uncertain glances at Rachel, who pale and frightened.

What will she do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)