More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Speci@lty Speci@lty

What powers does Avery have?

Acidic Emission.

To put in layman's terms, I have the ability to shoot an acidic mist out of my skin. In retrospect, a power like that sounds highly effective against a hostile combatant. However, if you examine this power closely it's not really practical. For one thing the type of acid I fire from my skin only works on inorganic materials so using it on people is out. Another thing (most importantly of all) is that it absolutely destroys my clothes whenever I use it! Most of the time I try to fire the mist out of my hands but if I get riled up or I simply let my guard down at the wrong time the acid fires everywhere...EVERYWHERE; leaving me naked in the worst places to be naked. I am constantly learning how to control where and when the acidic emissions come out on my body but I am still very new at this.

I only recently learned from someone that I come from an ancient line of subterranean humanoid lizardmen; that's where my powers come from. Of course I never knew this because everybody in my immediate family is perfectly normal. You see, long before the lizardmen retreated back to their underground dwellings permanently, they bred with human beings whose offspring carried their genetically inherited abilities. Over time those descendants continued marrying into human families which resulted in their children appearing more and more mundane per generation. However, this does not change the fact that these human descendants still carry the lizardmen gene. So every so often, the powers of the lizardmen (acid skin, strength, climbing up walls, nightvision, etc.) would emerge in one of the direct lines of one of these lizardmen. As it turns out, one of my ancient ancestors was a lizardman, and their powers just so happen to awaken within me in my mid-twenties when I least expect them or want them.

That's right, out of all the people in my family and in all those other families who have a scaly progenitor, I and I alone am the only human that has emerged with lizardmen powers in this world so far as I am aware. If you think that makes me feel special, IT DOES NOT! I swear my acid skin ability goes off at that worst possible time just to cause the optimum amount of embarrassment for me. Why do I have to suffer this indignity just because my caveman ancestor screwed a super-powered bipedal reptile? Why did it even have to be me who has these powers awaken in them? I don't even like superheroes! Yet, this is nonetheless the tale of how I begrudgingly became the superhero: The Naked Lizard (I swear I did NOT pick that name for myself) and all the embarrassing nudity that ensued because of it...

Where did I find out about my superpowers?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)