More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by carb21 carb21

What is the story that we will follow?

A young widowed mother who struggles to raise her young children

Molly Winston got married very young, walking down the aisle when she was just 18 years old. In her case it was good, as she had lost her parents at the age of four and lived all this time in an orphanage, which she had to leave when she reached adulthood. Her husband was a man three years older than her, whom she met when they both worked part-time for a fast food restaurant, she wanting to save money for her uncertain future and he to pay the costs of living, since his parents only paid for the college he attended.

Luckily, after finishing his studies, Molly's fiancé got a job offer that would pay him well, which made her decide to stop studying at the end of high school and focus on being a housewife. Her savings from work were all spent on her wedding, which meant she lived exclusively off his income.

As a young couple, they were very sexually active and within months of their marriage Molly was pregnant with their first child. It was a big celebration when their son, Andrew, was born, as well as the months that followed.

She was happy in her marriage and growing family, and when Andrew was a year and a half old she confirmed she was pregnant again. Unfortunately, tragedy struck the family and Molly's husband didn't have the chance to meet their second child. One night she started to get worried that her husband was taking too long to get home from work, which wasn't normal and, even when it happened, he would call to say he would be late. She ran to the front door when she heard a car stopping in front of their house, believing that he had finally arrived, but her joy changed to tremendous concern when she saw that it was a police car, the cops had left and were heading to her door.

"Would you be Mrs Molly Wilston, Frank Wilston's wife?" the first police officer, a middle-aged man, asked

"Yes I am. Why are you here? Don't tell me something bad happened to my husband." Molly said

"Unfortunately it happened. Her husband was the victim of a robbery and clashed with the criminal, being seriously injured in the process. It is with great regret that we have come to inform you that her husband succumbed to his injuries and passed away." said the second officer, a woman who didn't look much older than Molly herself.

"No... This can't..." Molly said in shock, but felt her consciousness slipping away until she fell .

When Molly regained consciousness, she was in a hospital room. Recalling the news that the police officers gave, she started crying, then realized that there was something wrong in her belly, like something was missing. She felt it and, removing the covering, she confirmed that her belly was flat, no longer the belly of a woman in her seventh month of pregnancy.

, Molly started screaming about losing the baby too. This caught the attention of the nurses, who ran to the room, and soon after another one came, this one accompanied by a doctor. The doctor managed to calm her down by informing her that, after she fainted at the news of her husband's , she went into a high-risk premature birth process. The police officers from before quickly put her in the car and she was rushed to the hospital, meanwhile the female police officer had stayed at her house looking after Andrew until someone could pick him up. Despite the risks involved, the baby survived the birth, but was still in critical condition as it was premature and was in the ICU.

The weeks that followed were turbulent, as Molly needed to find a means of income to take care of her children, as well as being present at the trial of the criminal who killed Frank. She also received a package, which was said to be what her husband had fought to protect. It was a gift wrap with a note stating that it was a gift for her for their third wedding anniversary. The package was crumpled from the fight and Molly didn't open it right away, instead she put it in the back of her closet hoping to feel emotionally prepared for it. After a month, the baby, a girl Molly named Nina, was finally released from the hospital.

Molly managed to find a job, but it didn't pay much, so life wasn't easy for her, as she had to take care of two children alone. She couldn't afford a nanny, but her ex-mother-in-law helped her by taking care of the children while she worked. As much as she was grateful for this, Molly didn't like being so dependent and wanted to improve their living conditions.

A few years passed, Andrew was already 6 years old and Nina was 4, when Molly finally found herself ready to open the gift that Frank had fought to protect. What the 26-year-old widowed woman didn't know, nor did her late husband when he bought it, was that the item inside had unknown properties and would change her life, as well as those close to her, in ways no one could have imagined.

What was inside the gift wrap?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)